Chapter 15: Leavetty Flies Free

"Go! You are our only hope!"

Red's desperate words before he fell unconscious rang in Yellow's ears. Running with Leavetty towards the exit of the cave on Cerise island, ignoring the screams of pain behind her, she bolted at last into light.

Only to see Giovanni 50 feet in the air, on a helicopter, in front of what looked like a control panel. Upon his face was a smug expression, with the slightest hint of evil. Okay, scratch that-he looked so evil it was almost like a combination of a grimace and a grin.

With tears streaming down her face, Yellow yelled," stop it!" though she knew that it would do no good.

"Tsk, tsk," clucked an impatient Giovanni, "What are you going to do? Fight me? In fact, your pokemon are exhausted, you know that. The only one you have left, oh, let's say it's in no condition to battle."

"Leavetty, I-what's going on?" Yellow cried out when she saw Leavetty on the ground, curled into a ball, and writhing with pain. She walked closer, but Leavetty extended a leg and stopped her.

The Leavetty seemed to be choking, its breathing coming out in short bursts. Its ears were curled, and its widened jade-indigo eyes mirrored the agony it was feeling. Though the Leavetty was trying its best to force air into its lungs, everyone could see it was slowly but surely suffocating.

"Stop it right now!" Yellow shouted with as much courage as she could muster, "Can't you see you're hurting it?"

"Of course I can. However, this is irreversible, and I cannot stop it," grinning maliciously, it almost made Yellow fume and argue back. However, they both knew that it had only a few minutes left. Sobbing, she knelt by the Leavetty. There she stayed for a full minute, stroking a shaking snout.

Standing up, she didn't know what came over her, but she whispered, "I can reverse this."

Facing the Leavetty, she extended her hands. " I, Yellow, current guardian of the pureone, undo this spell of restriction cast on this Leavetty."

Giovanni saw what she was doing, and yelled for his troops to attack Yellow. However, when one came close, it would disintegrate.

Yellow continued. "I am Amarillo del Bosque Verde. You are Shanna Sharina Violesque Oswaldian, 5th pureone of the Leavettys."

Through her words Yellow heard Giovanni's screams of rage, but even that sounded distant now. Words poured from her mouth, and where they came from she didn't know.

Yellow's hands were feeling warmer, and as she continued, they grew warmer still. "I break your chains. I uncast this spell. I set you free."

Finishing, Yellow spread her palms in front of the Leavetty.

"Arise, my pureone, in freedom to the new light of day."

Yellow glowed golden, too bright for her pokemon(they were on her waist in their pokeballs) to see. Then, the golden glow transferred to her hands, and shot out towards the Leavetty.

The light hit the Leavetty with perfect accuracy. As Yellow watched, around the Leavetty's skin grew a black skin, but the golden glow instantly broke it in half. It also broke a red area on its throat - a muteness spell, Yellow realized.

After the two spells had been broken, Leavetty turned a brilliant white, and then leaped up into the air. When it landed and stopped glowing, Yellow saw that it was no longer an it, it was a she now.

On the ground stood a young girl, no more than eight years old. However, she was extremely pretty, and not a kind of childish beauty either.

Her brownish-black hair was tucked into a long, long, braid, giving her an image of a tidy schoolgirl. Her now very dark brown eyes blazed with a kind of fierceness you normally didn't see in so young a child. A small but pretty nose, thin and small lips. The only thing she seemed to retain from her Leavetian form was her slender figure and the authority she radiated.