Chapter 6: Upper Paw in Battle

Yellow woke up the next day to a wonderful morning. Blue skies, a few fluffy white clouds dotting it.

Heading downstairs to the dining room for breakfast(and getting herself lost several times in the process), she found the other dexholders, including the juniors, staring outside. Some had a croissant in their hands, while others had a piece of toast.

"What are you staring at?" Yellow asked. Walking towards the window, she saw Leavetty playing merrily with the other pokemon.

"Ya know, senior Yellow, we haven't seen your Leavetty battle yet." Sapphire said.

"We hoped that after breakfast, we would have some entertainment. Could our starters battle Leavetty?" Diamond asked. Gesturing to himself, Platinum and Pearl, he continued "but not for us, you see, as we would love this chance to see our seniors battle."

"Apart from hydro pump, flamethrower and vine whip, I don't know what attacks it has, but I'll ask it after breakfast. Even though I hate battles, I can't stop it from testing its strength, so I guess yes..."

The whole party cheered at Yellow's response. Happy with pleasing them, she headed down to the garden to ask Leavetty of a favor.

~After breakfast~

Leavetty had readily agreed to battling, though after expressing some concern towards Yellow's dislike of battles. When asked about the moves it knew of, Leavetty had hesitated, smiled guiltily then gestured: I know every move in existence. Command me, and I will do as told.

Heading to the battlefield, Leavetty had a spring in its step. Smiling towards Sapphire's blaziken(Toro), its first opponent, Leavetty took its place on the battlefield, while a nervous Yellow followed. How strong would Leavetty have to be, Yellow thought, for it to be this confident?

Yellow soon found out. Leading with blaze kick, Sapphire thought she started strong enough.

"Don't let it hit you, Leavetty! Hydro pump!" Yellow called, hoping for the same result it had on the nidoking the day of when Leavetty was caught.

Yellow didn't need to hope. A hydro pump flew through the air, straight and true, and landed a super-effective attack on the surprised blaziken who stopped in mid air and fell onto the ground with a thud. Awed, Yellow stared at the Leavetty. The Leavetty winked in return.

Upon seeing her blaziken fainted on the ground, she whispered comforting words to it before returning it to its pokeball. Smiling at Yellow, she said," impressive, senior Yellow, good luck!"

The rest of the battles didn't disappoint. Yellow knew her type advantages well, and Leavetty delivered power when Yellow was indecisive. In this way, one blow was enough to bring down all the others' pokemon.

Thanks to a freeze-dry which defeated Silver's feraligatr, a well placed aqua tail that had Gold's typhlosion fainted in three seconds, a drain punch that well, drained all the hp out of Crystal's meganium(and refreshed an already energized Leavetty), as well as a thunderbolt that shocked the stuffing out of Blue's mega-evolved blastoise, it defeated its opponents easily. But now it was time for the harder ones.

"Go, charizard."

Yellow didn't like dragons. Or fire. Or fire dragons. Despite the fire-flying typing, she still felt nervous because it looked like a dragon. Especially because it was Green's. Known to have a near-to-clean battle record, she now had to face a mega-evolved one with a near-to-clean battle record.

Gulping, she reassured herself. Nothing but a super powered mega-evolved charizard belonging to the trainer of the pokedex holders here. Totally nothing to be scared of.

Leavetty looked at Yellow in concern. She gave her a look before using its paw to point at itself and then at charizard. Yellow understood that Leavetty wanted to lead the battle if Yellow didn't feel good.

Steeling her nerves, Yellow said," thanks, Leavetty. But I can do this."

Smiling, Leavetty turned towards its present opponent. Green started out with flamethrower, while Yellow squeaked, ordered a rock slide, and covered her eyes.

She decided to open them just in time to see Leavetty get hit, but a light surrounded it to indicate a raise in stats. The ability flash fire, Yellow thought. Amazing.

Charizard was then pinned to the ground and defeated by a waterfall of rocks which Leavetty had summoned.

Hugging the Leavetty in part joy, surprise and awe, Yellow nearly cried. The Leavetty could barely move in Yellow's tight embrace. Smiling, it rubbed its head against Yellow's neck.

Last she was up against Red. Her courage somewhat squished again when she saw his mega-evolved venusaur, she swallowed and commanded a flamethrower. Red commanded a vine whip.

Time seemed to slow down for Yellow. The vine whip was fast, hurtling towards Leavetty at unbelievable speeds.

But Leavetty was one step ahead. It opened its mouth and let loose such a ferocious flamethrower it looked literally like a wall of flame. It engulfed venusaur before venusaur fainted.

Yellow ran towards the venusaur. Leavetty ran too. Extending her palm, Yellow channeled her healing energy into the charred venusaur. Leavetty touched Yellow's shoulder and channeled her energy into Yellow to keep her from feeling faint.

Soon, venusaur was back on its feet. Hugging both Leavetty and venusaur, Yellow tried to reassure herself that venusaur was fine. When venusaur licked her face, she could tell it was fine. Leavetty however, made a strangled face because they were squishing her.

When Yellow could look up again, Red was looking at her. She felt her face go about as red as a tamato berry.

Red smiled at her, or actually he grinned. "Congrats, Yelz! "

"Thanks, Red." Yellow murmured, shy. Then there was that nickname…

——————————————————

I know that letting Leavetty know all the moves in the world at one time is unfair, but hey, it's all powerful! Please don't kill me.

I do not own pokemon.