Chapter 23: Operation Red and Yellow - Success

"Hi, Red. Did you want something?"

Red's normally casual attitude was gone, and nervousness hung about him. But when Yellow gave him a reassuring smile, the aura of nervousness faded.

Yellow tried to talk. An enthusiastic Red joined her in talking about the wedding, pokemon and other things. Eventually, they got to Blue's and Green's engagement.

"It was a pleasant surprise indeed. You never would've thought he had the courage!"

Yellow giggled.

Red smiled slightly.

"Hey Yelz, you look especially pretty tonight."

Yellow blushed and fingered a rose on her dress. "Wavierne overdid the dress a bit, I think."

"It's fine. You look pretty any day."

Before Yellow had the time to blush, Red stood.

After he walked in front of Yellow, he went down on one knee. Yellow covered her mouth in surprise.

"Yellow, I've loved you ever since the day I rescued you in the Viridian Forest. Then, it was only brotherly love.

As we grew, I discovered that it was no longer brotherly love. I genuinely loved you, not only for your looks and powers, but for your sweet personality that drew us both together."

Red slid a hand inside his jacket, and drew out a velvet box. Opening it for Yellow to see, a simple but beautiful diamond ring stared back at Yellow.

"Yellow, I want to spend my life with you, my angel. Will you do me the honor of accompanying me on the rest of my life's journey as my wife?"

Yellow was speechless. For a second Red thought he had messed up. But then she hugged him.

"Why wouldn't I?"

The two lovers then embraced and kissed passionately.

As Yellow slipped the ring on her finger. She looked at it closer, and was surprised to see herself when she was eleven, searching for Red.

"How did you get my memories?"

"None of the rings from the stores were pretty enough for you, so I asked Shanna for a little help."

In fact, this is what happened:

Flashback

"So, you want to propose to Yellow?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, congrats in advance, of your courage that finally drives you. Now, about the ring, how about we work on that."

"Yes. You see, none of the rings in the stores were nice enough-"

"And so you came to me," Shanna finished.

"Yeah."

"Memories are the most important things in a person. They shape you. Now, I already have access to Yellow's memories, but I need yours to do what I have in mind."

"Will you erase them?" Red asked fearfully.

"Though I can, I won't!" Shanna laughed.

But her face bent into a serious expression. "A person's memories do give a lot away though. If I want to to do this, I will need your utmost trust. By gaining access to yours, I will know everything - your secrets, happinesses, your fears. I can poke around in a person's thoughts and memories, but I disrespect their privacy this way. The thoughts I normally hear are direct, because you think of them like ypu are speaking. Sharing memories with me also is the same thing."

Red nodded. "I am ready."

Shanna gave him a smile and a nod. She lowered her head, and raised it in one deep breath. Her eyes shut, then opened. They were their unusual shade of jadigo instead of brown.

Red found it jarring but instead touched Shanna's arm. A shock of energy coursed through her, and she blinked after a few moments. Shaking her head, she gestured for Red to extend a palm. After Red had done so, she put a fist on top of his hand. Squeezing her eyes shut, smoke started to drift from between her fingers. When she opened her hand, a small diamond ring lay in her hand. When Red looked, he could see Yellow with him the day she had battled him with Leavetty, ending in a win for Yellow. As he looked at it from a different angle, another memory was seen, that of an eleven-year-old Red saving the younger Yellow.

Red gasped in awe. "How must I repay you?"

Shanna smiled. "By being good to my soulsister. If I couldn't have the happy life of being at peace and not mocked at and ridiculed, my sister will. What I went through will be difficult and hard to get over. Though it seems a little selfish, I don't want her to go through what I've been through before, because it would break my heart to see a person closest to being a relative suffering."

Red only could swallow and say, "I'll try my best."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine! Anyways, I see possible outcomes even now, do not mess this up."

Red laughed nervously. Yellow had explained to him the concept of soulsisters and soulbrothers some time before, so he could understand why she said that Yellow was a close relative.

End of flashback

Yellow laughed with Red. She could see that Shanna was protective, but in a good way. After all, Shanna had lost nearly everybody dear to her, and the shock had sent her reeling, and still she could crack a joke or two and smile. She was one tough nut.

"Should we tell them?" Red's voice brought her back to reality.

"Yes, we should. I don't think Blue has any more control of my love life now."

They heard light laughter, and the bush beside them rattled. Behind it came Shanna's voice.

"Come out! Helena says the bushes are gushing so loudly she's having headaches, which she explains to me that even zapping them with ice won't cure."

Yellow's eyebrows raise high up. "Bushes gush?"

Shanna sighs. "To be honest, I hear them too. As far as I know, all life forms are capable of talking in some way. Even a rattan chair I sit on can complain about how heavy some people are. In truth, they like to compliment my inhuman light weight."

Yellow giggled, and holding Red's arm, they walked towards the bush, only to appear on the other side quite literally out of nowhere. Helena pulled a face that was somewhere between a frown, a grin, and a grimace. Shanna only looked amused, before congratulating the couple.

Yellow and Red then walked back to the other dexholders, hiding their rings. When they showed the others, they were all overjoyed.

A pokemon introduced as Cresselia walked to them, and raised her cup of wine. Leavetian wine that didn't make people drunk.

"Let us give a toast to Red and Yellow, engaged today! They at last have acknowledged their love formally, and now, let us hope that their realities are finally better than their dreams. To Red and Yellow!"

A call of 'to Red and Yellow!" could be heard before fireworks lit the sky with beautiful displays. Shanna and the other four pureones had made them, out of the use of the many moves they knew.

That night was divine. Laughter and happiness rang in the air, and bliss could be seen on faces that had gone long without a smile.

Shanna smiled, but somewhat sadly.

"How will they take the news that the next time I leave them, it will be for good?" She thought.

----------------------

And next one done! I hope I don't upset you readers with such random updates, my schedule leaves me to be busier than ever.

I do not own pokemon.