Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun

Hey guys hope you like it!!!!

DISCLAIMER J.K ROWLING OWNS EVERYTHING!!!!!

         James hadn’t let Lily out of his sight all day. He couldn’t get the image of her dead out of his mind. It was haunting him from the inside out, eating him away like a disease. Lily on the other hand wasn’t naturally a person who needed to be around people all of the time and enjoyed her alone time. He was driving her insane. He didn’t let her go to the bathroom in peace, he waited patiently by the door for her to come out. She couldn’t have a peaceful girl talk with Marlene because James was literally by her side all day long. As much as Lily liked James, she was ready to toss him off the Astronomy tower without a second thought. Luckily James had Quidditch practice to go to which gave her about an hour and a half, 5:20 to 6:50 to herself. For the first forty-five minutes she read the book, ‘Snow White’ in the head’s common room before going up to the Gryffindor common room to see Marlene who was skipping practice because of her painful period she was currently enduring. It was literally killing her not to tell Marlene what happened but she wasn’t going to break now. 
“Sirius told me what happened in DADA, wanna talk about it?” Marlene offered but Lily shook her head. She was tired of the rumors and quite frankly she just wanted to go get dinner with her best friend. 
“Nope. Do you want to get dinner and then maybe redo our nails? I have a meeting at eight but other than that I’m free.” Lily suggested and Marlene nodded in agreement. 
“Sounds like a solid plan, let’s go.” Marlene got off her bed and grabbed Lily’s hand, dragging her to the Great Hall to eat. The two shared a big bowl of pasta and some breadsticks while talking about Lily’s sister and her new husband Vernon Dursley. They had gotten married over the summer and Lily was not invited to the wedding at all. 
“I swear he’s a whale, Marls.” Lily insisted, sipping some ice water almost spilling it. 
“I never said he wasn’t, I just need to see a picture before I believe anything.” Marlene said, taking a bite of pasta. 
“You don’t want to see a picture of him. It’ll scar you.” Lily said and Marlene laughed.
“Oh Merlin, Lily! You can’t just say that.” Marlene said, slapping her friend's shoulder. 
“But it’s true.” Lily insisted. 
“Doesn’t mean you can say it.” Marlene argued. 
“Yeah but, it needed to be said. He’s not a slight to look at.” Lily muttered and Marlene laughed. 
“Imagine how he’d feel if he could hear you right now.” Marlene said and Lily shook her head. 
“It would serve the bastard right. He only insults me.” Lily said and Marlene nodded. 
“Alright, I say give him a taste of his own medicine then.” Marlene said, convinced. 
“My sister is a bitch for marrying him.” Lily muttered, looking down at the pasta. 
“Your sister is a bitch in general.” Marlene corrected, taking a bite out of the breadstick. Lily ate some pasta before responding. 
“That's a fact.” Lily replied, sighing. 

    “I think I’m going to go with the sparkly purple this time.” Lily said, picking up sparkly purple nail polish from the girl’s absurd collection of nail polish. They had over two hundred things of nail polish and still seemed to be running out of colors to use. Marlene sighed and lightly picked up a lime green color. 
“This or the coral color?” She asked the redhead who was busy taking off her old nail polish. Marlene held up the coral color as well. 
“Lime green, you did light pink last time.” Lily said and Marlene nodded and started to take off her nail polish as well. As she was doing so Lily started painting Marlene’s toes with the lime green color. 
“So, James huh?” Marlene questioned, looking up from her fingernails. 
“So, Sirius huh?” Lily laughed, looking up from painting Marlene’s toe nails. Marlene grabbed Lily’s left foot and took the sparkly purple nail polish. She shook the bottle, giving her friend a look. 
“You know what I mean.” Marlene insisted, painting Lily’s big toe delicately. 
“Maybe I don’t know.” Lily offered and Marlene laughed and shook her head. 
“It’s fine you don’t want to talk about it tonight.” Marlene said and sighed, “I’m not going to force you either.” Lily nodded her head.
“Thank you. I’m just a little freaked out after seeing myself dead.” Lily muttered and started to paint the other set of toes. 
“Figured that much.” Marlene laughed a little bit. “I miss living with you. But, how is living with James?” Marlene asked with a curious look.
“It’s fun I guess, I did end up sleeping in his bed the night of the thunder storm.” Lily mentioned and Marlene squealed. 
“No fucking way.” Marlene exclaimed. “Tell me!” 
“It was two in the morning, I was out of sleeping pills and I was seriously considering running to you but I would've gotten in trouble so I ran into his room and made him stay up late with me and we both ended up falling asleep.” Lily told her and Marlene was laughing. 
“Merlin, I’ve missed this.” Marlene sighed, finished with painting Lily’s toenails moving on to her fingers. Lily put down the lime green bottle of polish and handed Malene her hands. 
“I know how you feel. Sleepover tonight?” Lily asked Marlene with a grin. 
“Yeah, let's do it.” Marlene agreed, painting her friend’s fingernails precisely. The girls talked some more laughing and giggling about nothing but, little things that didn’t make any sense. Marlene finished painting Lily’s nails and Lily finished painting Marlene’s nails. They packed Marlene a bag so she’d have her stuff tomorrow morning and they were walking the Gryffindor Common room stairs heading towards the head’s common room. They decided they were going to spend some time there before Lily had to go to the meeting with James and Marlene would just for her to come back around 9ish. They walked into the common room laughing and were greeted by none other than James Potter. He looked at her and then looked at Marlene. 
“Hey, James.” Marlene said sheepishly at her captain. 
“Hi, care to explain why you weren’t at practice?” James asked her, getting up off the couch walking towards the two girls.
“I’m bleeding out of my vagina, got any other questions?” Marlene asked him with raised eyebrows. James' eyes widened and he slowly shook his head. 
“Nope, none here.” James muttered, looking away from them and at the ceiling. 
“Does talking about periods make you uncomfortable, James?” Marlene asked, amused. 
“No, McKinnon.” James answered slightly irritated. 
“Liar.” Lily mumbled and Marlene laughed. James shot them both a look and Lily shot him one back. He sighed in defeat. 
“It’s just I only live with guys and my mum but she’s way too old to have her period, so yes it makes me slightly uncomfortable because it’s a new thing I’ll have to adjust to.” James huffed, sitting down. Lily smiled at his response but Marlene was on the floor laughing. 
“Merlin, you're going to have to put up with Lily and her period. That’s going to be hilarious. I can’t wait to see that.” Marlene laughed happily.