Chapter 6

Ryan's POV

"Serena, make an appointment for me with Mr. Hunt at 7 this evening." 

MR.HUNT? As if that bastard deserves to be called that..

I scoff at myself. It was a facade that I had to keep.

"Sure, sir. Is there anything else you would like me to do for you?" Serena, my PA, asked politely

"No, that is all."  I said dismissively.
She nodded and left.

Christopher Hunt.

The name itself made my blood boil with rage. He was the person responsible for the murder of my parents, Thomas and Amelia King.

I was just 10 when his men set fire on our yacht. The yacht that Dad had built for my mother. My parents, me, my younger brother Arlo and my twin sisters Vanessa and Veronica, we all were supposed to spend our weekend on it. But Uncle Matthew, Dad's best friend, made a surprise visit to our place, the day just before we were supposed to leave. My siblings and I, we loved Uncle Matthew. He rarely visited us but brought lots of gifts and treats along with him and being the kids that we were, his visits meant super fun. He was just cool to be around. We respected him as much as we loved him. Which is why, when he unexpectedly showed up, we decided to stay back at the mansion with Uncle Matthew since he was going to leave for London in two days. But Mom and Dad went on with the plan of spending the weekend on the yacht. At midnight on Saturday, Uncle Matthew got a call. Next thing we knew, there was an accident, the yacht was on fire and all the crew members along with my parents were killed in that accident. My sisters were too young to comprehend what had happened. But Arlo and I, we were devastated. We couldn't even say goodbye. Uncle Matthew said it was better if we keep our last memory of them as a beautiful happy couple.

Uncle Matthew decided to stay for us, and made all the arrangements for the funeral. He investigated the incident and found out that it was a well planned conspiracy against our family. He took the role of being our guardian. As we got older, we were told the truth about our family business. Dad was the Don of the American Mafia. Christopher Hunt was just one of his enemies who envied his power. He was the one who led to my parents death.  One night, and our entire world shattered, our existence erased. And for what? To feed the greed of a power-hungry bastard.

Fortunately for us, he was not aware that siblings and I were still alive. For him, we had died 16 years ago in that yacht along with our parents. Uncle Matthew took us under his wing, he gave us his name as a fake identity to keep our real identity hidden for almost 10 years. During that period, he trained us to become skilled fighters. Some of Dad's loyal men stayed with us after the incident not wanting to follow Hunt. Uncle Mathew educated us and when I turned 21, he made me the CEO of his company and retired. I changed the name of my company to Kings Corporation. Today, I am a billionaire because of him. If not for him, we were just some orphaned children with no future. Our one and only goal was- REVENGE. Killing the bastard who took everything away from us.

And now, that time has come, to avenge my parent's murder. Till now, I had just heard of him, his misdeeds, the stories about the number of families that he had destroyed. The throne of the Don of the American Mafia was built on the blood and bones of hundreds of families just like ours. But tonight, I would see the man responsible for it, in the flesh for the first time.

I have to keep my cool. I have to be cautious and cunning about this.

Ringing of the intercom brought me back from my thoughts. I picked it up.
"Serena."
"Sir, Mr. Hunt has agreed to meet you at 7 this evening, at his mansion in Long Island. I've noted the address and will send you the location right away."

Christopher Hunt. Countdown to the end of your pathetic life has just begun.

I smiled to myself. I glanced at my watch, 5.30pm. Finishing my work, I headed out of the office. Downstairs my driver and bodyguard, Tom, was waiting for me. He started the car as soon as I sat in and drove us to the address Serena had sent.

We reached the place right on time. The mansion was huge and surrounded by a lot of men, as expected. I quickly scanned the surroundings before moving ahead. We were thoroughly inspected and our guns were confiscated before we entered the mansion. Without any further delay, we were taken to him.

And there he was, talking to his right hand man. He looked just like the villain that he was, cold and ruthless. Vanessa calls him Scar, from the Lion King.

"I apologize for the vague welcome you got here, Mr. King. But I assure you, it's just for security reasons, please don't mind", Mr. Hunt said beamingly. He was in a gray suit. White hair, perfectly combed. He looked to be in his late 40s. I balled my fists and kept eye contact.

"Of course, Mr. Hunt. You do need security", I replied smirking, on which he raised his eyebrows.
"Being a powerful and wealthy man as yourself, isn't something to be taken lightly now, is it?", I continued. 
He laughed and relaxed. He took pride in my fake compliment. 
"Yes, of course. I must say, you are a funny man, Mr. King."
"I am a lot of things but funny isn't one of them. So I've been told." I gave him a fake smile.
"Alright, then. Let's head to my study and discuss business, shall we?"
"Lead the way, Mr. Hunt."

His office reminded me of my Dad's study. I clenched my jaws to keep it together. As planned, we discussed genuine business. Apart from clubs and restaurants, I owned multinational pharmaceutical companies in America and Europe. I knew Hunt had been in a lookout for such a company to cover for a drug racket that he wanted to start of his own, by deception of course. Till now, he was buying the drugs from Mexico and selling the shipments in America and other countries. But it wasn't long before he realized that manufacturing them instead of buying was much more profitable, as he had all the means in the world to do so. I was well aware of his plan to keep an act of being the silent partner and using my labs for his dirty work. In fact, I was counting on it. Uncle Matthew and I just needed to be in, and we would spread like a virus, bringing his whole empire down along with him. An hour or so later, I stood up from the chair and shook his extended hand firmly.
"Congratulations, Mr. King. You've impressed me. For such a young man, you are exceptionally talented. I whole-heartedly accept your offer. I would read the contract and confirm with my lawyers before sending them back to you with my signatures." He said in anticipation.
"Thank you, Mr. Hunt. It was a pleasure meeting you. I should take your leave now", I replied giving my usual fake smile and turned to leave the study.

That was easy.

I was turning to my right in the corridor, headed towards the exit of the mansion, when a small feminine figure bumped into me. I instinctively wrapped my arms around her back and pulled her to my chest. First thing I noticed was her vanilla-rose scent. I narrowed my eyes at her curiously and saw a long raven haired girl clutching my suit tightly with her small fists.

"Are you alright?" I asked her with concern.
That's when she looked up.
Our eyes met, my gray ones to her chocolate brown. And I heard a small gasp escape her. I was entrapped by the intensity of her stare. Her deep brown eyes seemed to pull me in.

Wells of chocolate.

Not only were they beautiful, but also very sad, brimming with tears threatening to leak.
It seemed like I was in a trance. I was engulfed in her sweet vanilla-rose scent.
And in that moment, I felt something in my chest, making me narrow my eyes with confusion. She jumped out of my hold as if she hit reality. I instantly felt the loss of her warmth. I cleared my throat when I noticed that she was actually on the verge of crying. The tip of her nose was red and her eyes were studying me.

Was this because of me? Did she get hurt somewhere when she bumped into me?

"Are you alright, Miss?" I asked again, slightly worried.
"I-I am fine, thank you", she said in a soft melodic voice, looking flustered. And with that, she ran away.

I just stood there for a second trying to comprehend what just happened.

Who was that? Did Hunt have a daughter or was she just some servant? Why was she crying? Who could have hurt her? 

She was beautiful. 

I felt this nagging need to know about her, which was very unusual of me. I took a deep breath and left with confusion and other unknown feelings brewing up inside me.