Chapter 44

Ava's POV

Cool breeze swept across my face waking me up from a long nap, thanks to the sleeping pills. I usually don't depend on medication because all these year I had only cried myself to sleep and sometimes out of tiredness. But this afternoon after Ryan left, I just couldn't bring myself to close my eyes and sleep, since all I could see was Hunt's bloody swollen face and all I could hear were his echoing screams. I had no other choice than to force my body some rest with that sleeping pill. 

Opening my eyes, I saw the white curtains of room dancing with the wind, bringing cool silent breeze into my room. The room was dark with only moonlight sweeping across the floor from the open window. I glanced towards the clock. It was just past 9.
I walked towards the window and leaned against it, closing my eyes feeling the cool air against my skin.
Silver grey eyes came to my mind. His soft feathery touch, those piercing eyes and that cologne. A mild shiver ran through my body making me pull the soft satin gown tighter around myself.
I let out a small sigh as I recalled the events of past two days. 

Everything feels so surreal.
Till few days ago, I was just a trapped possession to an evil man. I never thought about my life, my future.
But now, I am free. I have control.
And even a legal adult. 
It's finally the time, to leave the past behind and move on, think for myself and my future.

"We were hoping you had woken up, Sorellina." I heard a male voice say, interrupting my internal thoughts. I turned around to see Dante leaning against the doorframe. 

"Fratello, come in." 

He came to stand in front of me, smiling softly as he removed the strand of hair from my forehead.
"How are you feeling, piccolo?" 

"To be honest, I have no idea. All of this happened so fast and so unexpectedly, it's hard to wrap my mind around all this in so little time. Everything I went through in these two days and all the revelations, I am confused and-" 

"Hey, hey, hey, it's all right. Calm down. I know all the things you've been through and the truth about our family, is extremely difficult to accept. But there is no hurry. You're safe now, Sorella, you are with your family. And we have all the time in the world." He said softly, cupping my face.
I nodded.

"And once you come back to Italy with us, everything will go back to how it used to be. Credimi." He smiled patting my shoulder. (Believe me)

And I stood their stunned.
It never crossed my mind before today that I had to go back to Italy now that my family had found me. All the flashbacks of that my childhood and our home in Sicily came back rushing.
I was still in the shock of the truth of his words when my stomach grumbled loudly. 

Yeah, it has a mind of it's own. 

Dante chuckled, "I had come here to tell you that dinner is ready, we're waiting. Come join us." 
I nodded absent-mindedly, since my mind racing with various thoughts and unknown feelings. 

Italy? Am I ready for that? Do I want to go back? 

All the Kings, Stefen and my brothers were seated at the long dinning table. They looked up as soon I entered the room. Lorenzo and Ryan were sitting at the two opposite ends of the table. 

Both of their superiority is clearly visible and their personalities are so similar. Their aura screams power. 

Dante and my other brothers sat according to their status in the family as the tradition has been since our childhood. Leaving me a place at the end, beside Matteo since I was the youngest, bringing me closest to Ryan. All the King siblings and Stefen sat on the other side of the table, exactly opposite to us.
Everyone was busy talking with each other, some about business some about other things. Except both pair of twins who were literally eye fucking each other. 

Get a room guys! 

But I was tensed. Tensed because of the decision I had taken few minutes ago in my room after a lot of thinking. I was kind of scared, to voice my opinions. Because before this, whenever I had tried to tell my opinion to anyone, I was told to shut up and obey. 

Will they be just like Hunts?
Will they understand me?
What if they don't?
Will I be able to stand up to them?
Maybe not.. 

"What are you thinking so hard about?" I quickly looked to my left where Ryan was seated. He had curiosity in his eyes. 

"Is something bothering you, Avy?" Matteo asked, hearing Ryan. That got everyone's attention, spreading silence throughout the room. 

"Sorellina?" Lorenzo asked with narrowed eyes. 

I gulped, clutching my dress tightly with my fingers.
"I-I.." Lowering my head, I closed my eyes trying to calm my racing heart. 

"Yes?" 

"I've decided something." 

Enzo cocked his head to his side and eyed me curiously.
"We're listening. Go on." 

I took a deep breath and said, "I don't want to go back to Italy, with you all."
For a minute, nobody said anything. 

And then, all my brothers bombarded me with questions.
"Whattt?" 

"Ava!"

"Why?"

"That's ridiculous!" 

"You aren't serious, right?"

"Enough!" Enzo's voice roared, making me jump. Silence. 

"Let her speak."
I glanced towards Ryan. There were many many emotions in his eyes. 

Concern? Fear? Realization? Worry?
But why?
Anyway. Not the time for that. 

"Enzo, I know you all want me to go back home with you but I don't think I'm ready yet. It's been 13 years, fratello. I don't think I am ready for this." I tried to explain. 

"But just last night, you were asking us to take you home." Romeo said.

"I said to take me to Papa, I wanted to meet my Papa. But.. Now.. I can't. That place is just gonna remind me of that night. Of Mama. I saw them kill her with my own eyes, Enzo! I can't go back to that place again. Not when my Papa isn't there anymore. I can't."
I felt tears escape my eyes. 

"That place is our home, Sorellina!" Dante exclaimed. 

"No, fratello. You, my fratelli, you are my home."  

All of us were silent and waiting for Enzo to speak up.
I was getting nervous each passing second to know his answer on this.

"Alright, principessa. As you wish." 

Everyone was stunned hearing Enzo agree to my decision. Especially me.
"But, you won't live here, in this mansion, anymore." 

I nodded happily. 

"Dante, make all the arrangements. Tell Lucas to handle things for few more days. We will come to visit you once every month. But Matteo and Marco will live here in New York with you until you're ready to go home."
I ran upto him and gave a huge hug.

I bite my lip looking sheepishly at him.

"What now?" He said rolling his eyes at me. 

"One more thing." I made my best puppy face, which made him chuckle. 

"Ask" 

"I want to join college. I want to live a normal life. I want to be independent. Please, Enzo." 

He glanced towards Dante, who nodded with a smile.
"Your wish is our command, principessa."

Yaaaayyyyy!!!!!