Chapter 33

Ava's POV

Just when I was trying to recover from the shock of Arthur being shot, I was sent into another one. One which I never thought would ever happen even when I had hoped it really would. One which I dreamt of, for 13 years of my life. 

What kind of a joke is my life playing with me?
Did I hit my head too hard?
Well atleast all the bleeding suggests so..
But how can some hallucination look so real?
Those ocean blue eyes, that same black hair, the same features like Papa.
Not funny, really! If this is a joke, it's really not funny.
Please let this not be a some sick game my mind might be playing with me!
Please... Please... Please...

I was praying so hard internally until, I heard him say something I hadn't heard for many many years.

"Sorellina."

Flashes of my childhood went through my head, which were buried somewhere deep inside for all these years.
The moments when he used to save my ass from Mama after I had done some mischief. The way he used to take all the blame when Mrs. Bianchi found empty jars of cookies. The way he protected me from Romeo's anger when I used to break his toys. The way he used to let me cheat in almost each and every game we played with all the other boys, making them mad. And our secret bedtime ritual when he used tell me all the fun he had in school that day.
Even though I was too small to understand most of it, I loved how he shared his experiences with me.

How much I missed being called by that!
How much I missed him and everyone else!
And then I heard that word again after 13 long years..
I felt a huge lump in my throat.
And that was it.

I forgot everything else and ran in his direction, slamming myself into him. I wrapped my arms around him so tight, I doubt I didn't break his ribs in the process.
My head was pressed against his chest, enabling me to listen to his heart racing, just like mine.
He stood still like a statue for a minute until he recovered and wrapped me into his arms with equal fierceness and affection.
And that was enough to break me into a sob. 
His strong protective arms made me feel so safe. They made me feel something I didn't for many many years. His embrace made me feel Home.
I felt his lips being pressed on the top of my head.
And we stayed like that for some time, him holding me into an affectionate hug and me crying nonstop. Standing there in his embrace felt like an eternity.

He then slowly moved his hands to the sides of my face and made me look up.
I had never seen a man cry.
And Enzo was the last person I could ever think of seeing, with tears-filled eyes.
We both stared at each other unable to express what we were feeling in that moment.
I saw him gulp down his feelings, struggling not to break in front of me.
He gently closed his eyes, cupped my face and kissed my forehead.
"Sorellina" He once again pressed my head against his chest.  

I heard him release a sigh of relief.
"Ti ho trovato, sorellina." (I found you, little sister.)

"Sì, l'hai fatto." (Yes, you did.)

"That's it. I can't hold my tears any longer." I heard Nik announce loudly making us pull apart gently.
Enzo instantly turned around with his back towards everyone to wipe off his tears.
I shook my head and chuckled.
Nik and Nessa came towards me quickly and wrapped me into their special hug.
When we pulled apart, Nessa wiped the tears off my face.
"We are so sorry, Ava. We shouldn't have left you alone with him even for one second." She apologized. 

"We really thought he was not gonna wake up for quite some time." Nik explained. 

"It's not your fault. That was his drug addiction which made him regain consciousness. You both don't need to apologize. In fact, I need to say Thank you. You saved me from these monsters." I showed my gratitude. 

"We love you, girl!" They hugged me once again.

I turned to see Ryan looking at me intently.
"Are you alright?" He asked in concern. 

I touched the side of my head which was bleeding before.
"Other than this wound, I think I'm alright. But you are bleeding." I pointed towards his right hand.
His knuckles were covered in blood.
He looked at them and chuckled, "All of it isn't mine. And it's nothing I can't handle."
I nodded at him. 

I need to personally thank him later on.. But first..

Enzo approached me and pressed his handkerchief at the sight of bleeding. He had so much concern in his eyes, it reminded me of the times I used hurt myself from falling after running all around the house.
But this time, it wasn't just concern those eyes, there unbridled rage evolving in them.
I placed my hands on his upper arms and gave a slight squeeze.
"I'm alright." I tried to convince him.
His jaws clenched as his eyes were stuck at something behind me.
I looked back to see Arthur's grunting figure on the floor.
I noticed an eye contact between Ryan and Enzo. 

Wow! They can already read each other's minds? 

Ryan nodded and motioned towards a person I hadn't notice standing at the door. He had dark brown eyes and brunette hair.
"Arlo, get the best medics here quickly. We can't let this bastard bleed to death. He can't die so easily."
"Yes, brother." The guy replied.

Oh so that's Arlo, Nik and Nessa had told me about. Ryan's younger brother.
Why do all the Kings look like some models?

Enzo still had his left arm around my shoulders pressing me to his left side. I looked sideways upto him and saw that he was already staring at me with adoration in his eyes.
"I tuoi fratelli muoiono dalla voglia di incontrarti, sorellina" He said softly.
(Your brothers are dying to meet you, little sister.) 

My heart beats started to increase again.
"Ci sono anche qui?" I asked in anticipation.
(Are they here too?)
He nodded.

"Time for a family reunion, principessa."