Chapter 42

Ava's POV

After breakfast, Enzo led us to the basement, where he had kept Christopher Hunt. The place was eerily cold and dark, but also very huge. There were few lamps hanging from the ceiling above, which barely lit the place, just enough for me to see the old bastards face clearly.
He was buckled up into an old metal chair. His was chained to the the arms and legs of the chair.
The lamp directly above him was swinging side by side.
His face looked swollen and purple. Eyes were drooped, some amount of blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. 

It was just too much for me to see immediately after having a full breakfast. I gulped down the nausea that was building up in my belly.
I saw Enzo gesture Romeo towards Hunt. Romeo took the small bucket of ice cold water from Arlo's hand and threw it straight at Hunt's drooping face.
Hunt woke up instantly alert and panting. His head whipped around, looking all over the room to see us watching him intently. 

"Waky, waky!" Romeo said grabbing his chin and patting the side of his face.

Hunt was finally aware of surroundings as was gritting his teeth as he stared at Romeo.
The already cold basement was helping his icy wet state, making him shiver a little.
Romeo just chuckled at him darkly.
Hunts eyes moved around the place until they found me. "You." He sneered at me. 

I walked a few feet towards him but not close enough. Leaned on my right leg and folded my arms.
"How does it feel to be a prisoner now, Hunt?" I cocked my head sideway as I asked.
"Fun. Isn't it?" I smirked at him. 

"But I must admit, I am impressed by this place. I mean, really, its nothing less than a dungeon." Enzo teased Hunt, while he was lighting up his cigarette. 

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this exact moment." Ryan went towards him, pulled his head backwards by his hair. "To see you, completely at my mercy." 

Hunt grunted in pain. 

"So brothers, what should we do with this bastard?" One of the girls asked.

"Hmmm... Let me see." Enzo pretended to be thoughtful as he walked towards me.
He stared right into my eyes and said, "He seems to like canning and lashing. Isn't that right, Ava?"
My heart thudded in my chest. 

He knows!
How does he know that Hunt punished me with lashes and canes?
Fuck, this is bad! 

I chose to remain quiet.
"I take it as a yes then. Boys, get him out of the chair, his ass must have fallen numb sitting their all day through the night." 

Marco and Matteo did exactly as they were told.
"Strip him bare." Ryan ordered as well.
All the attempts of resistance Hunt tried, went in vain as Marco sliced his clothes open with his blade and Stefen helped him get them out of the way.
I stepped back.

Whiplash! 

I jumped at the sound of the familiar lash. The girls were holding a long black one in her hand, this one had spikes down their length.
I gulped looking at it and so did Hunt.
But everyone else had a sinister smile on their faces.
The girls walked towards him slowly and gracefully like some evil she-devils.
Hunt pulled on his chains as they were circling around him, agitating him. 

"You think we girls are weak, we won't spit back at you? Worship you sit by your feet or something?" 

"Well, news flash, old man. You will see exactly what we're truly capable of." 

The both raised their long spiky lashes, in order to his bare back but I looked away immediately, closing my eyes shut.
Not because I had any sympathy, no fucking way, but because I couldn't handle the violence since I had been at the receiving end of it. 

"No, No, No, Sorellina. You don't get to look away now. You wanted to see mafia, right? So now watch. I dare you to even blink during this whole ordeal." Enzo warned me.
I willingly trained my eyes back the scene in front of me, where the girls were lashing my naked torturer repeatedly.
His screams echoed in the basement as the spikes on the lashes tore his skin apart, causing him to bleed. 

"Don't think of him as anything but your kidnapper, your torturer. The murderer of our parents, Ava. Let that rage out. Let it flow." Enzo guided me to release my deepest darkest desires. 

I balled my fists and clenched my teeth as the past flashed through my mind.
The two men in dark slitting the my mother's neck in front of my eyes.
The blood spilling out of her throat, her life fading away.
All the time he called me his priced possession.
All the mental and physical abuse I went through all these year.
All of it, along with the anger, rushed back into my veins spreading like fire.
All the rage, I buried deep down was exposed.
I walked to the side right corner of the room and found the what I was looking for. 

Gosh! This really is a torture chamber. 

I took the bowl of powdered white crystals and approached the old man who was still screaming at every lash landed by the girls.
I went and stood in front him.
His eyes went straight to look at bowl in my hand, as his head was already lowered.
He glanced up to look at me immediately.
"No! Don't forget I kept you well and alive for all these years. I provided you with everything, you bitch!" 

"All this things you provided me, were to keep your own reputation. But for me, they were salt to my wounds. So that exactly what you will get now." 

I let him see the rage in my eyes.
The girls stopped as I walked around to his back and smiled at me encouragingly, so did Enzo and Ryan.
I grabbed as much salt as I could in my hand and rubbed it along his back.
He screamed like never before, as the salt burned his open, bleeding wounds. 

"Music to my ears!" Romeo shouted in excitement.

I continued with his torture until Ryan came upto me, took the bowl from my hand and wiped the tears off my cheeks, which I never realized I was spilling. 

"That's enough." He said softly. 

Matteo held my shoulders and led me back to Enzo, who wrapped in his arms to calm me down.
Dante offered me a glass of water and made me sit at a nearby chair.

"I thinks that was enough for you girls." Ryan said gesturing his sisters to back off as well.

"Time for us boys to get a little action too."