Chapter 48

Ava's POV

The elevator door opening, made us pull apart from each other, panting.
"I-I should go.." I said and rushed into the elevator before he could say anything. 

I pressed the button for the last floor, to our penthouse and turned around slowly.
I felt my cheeks heat up as I did so.
I looked up, biting my lower lip, to see Ryan standing with his hands in the pockets. He winked at me, smiling, as the elevator door started closing between us. I was blushing like crazy. Once the lift started moving upwards, I backed up against the walls of the elevator and inhaled deeply. 

What the fuck did just happened?
Ryan King.
The Don.
The Mafia boss.
My savior.
He just kissed me. 

I touched my fingers to my lips as I recalled that moment when he was kissing me. 

Oh and don't forget you kissed him back as well. 

I closed my eyes and covered my face with both of my hands. 

Shit.

I went and plopped down on the sofa as soon I entered the living room. Leaning my head back, I tried make sense of everything that happened today. 

Is it just me or everyone has such an happening first day of college? 

I got up lazily, went to my room, got fresh and changed into my comfy clothes.
After comfy clothes, I needed some comfy food as well. So, I went into the kitchen and got some Choco chip cookie ice cream in a bowl. 

"Hey, you didn't pick our calls." Matteo complained. 

"You know the rules, Avy." Marco reminded me. 

"Fratello would have our heads chopped off if he got to know we were not with you for 6 hours." I rolled my eyes on the exaggeration. 

"Didn't Nik tell you? I called her." 

"She told us you were 'just where you needed to be', what's that suppose to mean?" Marco asked curiously.  

Ohmygod! Nik!! 

"Anyway, don't go off anywhere without telling us next time. And what have you got there?" Matteo came to me, eyeing the bowl. 

I backed away quickly.
"Oh, no, no, no! Keep your hands to yourself." I warned them as they came towards me to snatch away my comfy food.

"Choco chip cookie.. Avy, come on you know it's our favorite!" Marco complained childishly. 

"No way! You ate half the tub last night. I am not giving you what's left of it as well." I ran away into the living room behind the sofa, before they could catch me. 

"We are two, and you feeble little sissy, you don't stand a chance against us." Matteo smirked. 

I stood their with my heart pounding as they stared at me evilly, ready to pounce at any moment.
"Wait! If you take another step towards me, I will call Enzo and tell them you both haven't been with me this whole time and have just come home, that too after me." 

Their faces on hearing that were remarkable. Their jaws were dropped in shock.
"Avy, you can't do that!" Marco said looking quite pale. 

Enzo has some damning effect on people, even his own brothers. Lol. 

"Oh she actually can't do that." I narrowed my eyes as I saw Matteo grinning.
And then he brought up his right hand in front of us which held phone. 

Oh crap!
You're the dumbest one in this family Aves.

"Now what, huh?" Matteo was still grinning, with all his 32 teeth on display. 

"Now, we catch her." Saying that Marco came after me, making me scream and run away. 

5 mins later, when they had successfully caught me, we decided to sit down on the sofa and share the remains of the now- melted ice-cream. Watched a movie while having pizza, before heading in our rooms to sleep.

Whole week passed by quickly, uneventful. I didn't see Ryan after the incident. Nessa and Nik couldn't shut up about it. They kept me about the lunch with their brother but I made up excuses to avoid talking about it because every time I tried to, I turned tomato red. And no way in hell was I going to confess that we shared a kiss.
Though it is really funny how most of the sisters whore-out their brothers, and ship them with their bestfriends, while the brothers would beat up any guy who even dares to look at their sister, even if it were their best friends.
I missed Ryan a lot. I wanted to talk to him about what happened but the girls told me he was busy with the Mafia business. 

Understandable.
It must be too much of a mess after Hunts...
Ughh.. Why am I even thinking about that dead old bastard? 

Alexa and Ali were so opposite from each other but so much fun when together. Seth was, well, Seth. He pickup lines would just make me laugh in the middle of lectures sometimes, earning us glares from the professors. The other girls were still bitchy towards me. Not that I cared.

On Friday, Ryan called Matteo while we were leaving for college. He needed him to hack into some Hunt's systems to get information about some illegal consignments.  

Mafia stuff that they try to keep me away from. But I see no point in that since it's family business, I am involved by birth. 

Romeo video called us last night to check upon us. I didn't get to talk to Enzo or Dante because they were too busy to say 'hi' to their one and only sister. 

Don't need to be so sarcastic Aves . You know how much they love you. They've proved it many times now. 

Anyway, Romeo promised he would ask them to call me as soon as they get free. And said they'll be back soon.

So basically, I had to drive to college alone. Vanessa and Veronica left early as well, which made me suspicious. What if there was really some serious problem and they were hiding from me?
After saying goodbye to Ali and Alexa, I drove back home.
I was checking my phone, standing in the elevator, to see if my brothers had texted me with updates.
I sighed when I didn't find any.
Elevator chimed as it reached our floor.
I entered the house absentmindedly as I was overthinking about the whole situation.

And then, I looked up.
I gasped in horror at the scene in front of my eyes. I rushed into my home further, with heart beating faster and faster with every step I took.
Fear took over me as I ran my eyes all over the place.
The furniture was broken, the showpieces were laying was shattered on the floor, the TV was bashed in with something hard. The whole house was ruined.
And then I saw something which made me feel like someone had stabbed me right in my heart.
The photo frame of my parents in the living room was on the floor. The glass shattered into pieces and the picture of my parents burned to ashes. 

NO!

I got my phone frantically, my vision blurred with tears as I typed the name of the person that first came to my mind.

"H-Hello? Ryan! S-Someone broke in!"