Chapter 23

Ava's POV

"What did I tell you? Do not. Kill. Her. Which part of that do you not understand?!" I heard Hunt voice shout at someone. 

Who is he talking to?

Her.. as in me? 

I was just outside his study. I had come to let him know that there was no way I was gonna marry his bastard son. I leaned in further out of curiosity. 

"You would have literally killed her if I hadn't reach there in time." 

"It was My reputation that was at stake, you idiot. We had just announced your engagement! And do not forget, that girl is my priced possession. She is the proof of my victory. The only reason I have kept her alive - " He broke off suddenly and I stepped back.
He seemed pissed off. 

Fuck! This is going to be terrible.

I took a deep breathe, composed myself, straightened up and knocked at his door. 

"Come in." I heard him say.
I turned the doorknob slowly and took a nervous step inside. 

Arthur stood there with his classic sinister smile and Mr. Hunt was standing behind desk and leaning forward with both of his hand placed on his desk. 

"You did quite a work on her." Mr. Hunt said to his son. I gritted my teeth and tried my best to be calm. 

Control it Ava! Deep breaths.

"She looks just the way I imagined. Dead." Arthur said proudly. He walked towards me and leaned in. Before I could step back he grabbed me firmly and whispered in my ear. 

"This is exactly how you'll look like everyday if you defy me every again."
I shivered at his words. 

"What do you want now?" Mr. Hunt asked me. 

I looked sternly at Arthur and he stepped aside.
"I will not marry him." I pointed towards him. "I will not marry this monster you call your son."  

Mr. Hunt just stared at me for a few minutes and then burst out laughing.
"She rejected you, Arthur!" He said between his laughs. 

Arthur was fuming. 

"You heard her. She says she won't marry you." The he turned towards and bowed a little. "As you wish princess."
I looked at him nervously because of his absurd behavior. 

That was too easy. Warning bells!

He suddenly turned deadly serious and slowly walked towards me . 

My heartbeat started increasing with each step he took.
He stopped when he was literally inches from my face. But I stood still and as his vicious eyes looked straight into mine.
"Who the fuck you think I am? Your Daddy?" He seethed at me.
"You think you will disrespect me and my son, and we will tolerate that? What are you? A fucking Queen?" His voice was getting higher. I was trembling. 

He stepped back walked around in the study, running his hand through his hair. 

"How can you expect me to marry him after what he has done to me?" I asked him in frustration. 

"First, your mother did the same mistake and now you. I guess this stupidity is hereditary in your line of family." 

"Don't talk like that about my mother!" I said with gritted teeth. 

"26 years ago, your mother did a similar mistake and now look what she got in return." 

"What are you even talking about? What mistake? Why did you kill her?!" I asked him with tear-filled eyes. 

He stared at me for few seconds and then began explaining.
"Your mother, Rosaline, lived here in New York. In fact we were in same college studying business. I was in love with her since day one. At that time, I was just a middle class boy making his career. She befriended me, helped me, we spent a lot of time together. I wanted her all to myself. She was mine!" He punched harshly on his desk as he continued, "But then your father, Vincent came along and ruined everything. That rich Italian bastard, snatched her away from me. He took what was mine and I was helpless. She rejected me and married him."
He turned towards me and gave me a malicious smile. 

"That day, I decided to destroy him and that slut who ruined me. I realized, money makes you rich and powerful. I swore Vengeance. And 13 years ago.." He paused closed his eyes and inhaled slowly, taking pleasure in talking about his deeds. 

"13 years ago, I got revenge. My intentions were just to kill your mother, since it would have been enough to break your family apart. But you, sweetheart, you were very unfortunate that night. First I thought Ricci kidnapped you because you were the only witness. But that money-hungry fucker just wanted to blackmail your family. When I got the news that he didn't only kill Rose but also kidnapped you, I just couldn't miss the opportunity. I offered him double the money he could've got from your father. And now here you are past so many years, under my control. Like a trophy to the victory I achieved that night." He came forward and traced my cheek and jawline with his fingers lightly. I was disgusted. 

"The only reason I've kept you alive is because of the fact that this face reminds me of my love, Rose." He whispered. And then grabbed my face harshly and said, "And that your fucking father lost this game. Because now my son will marry you. Like Rose should have married me." He removed his hand harshly, making me stumble backwards. 

"Watching you suffer, gives me pleasure and satisfaction. This is what happens when you refuse a Hunt. You are personally too valuable for me. So, killing you is not an option." 

He looked with so much hatred that I felt like running away.
"But if you disobey me again Ava, I will give you a life worse than hell. You would Beg for me to kill you. You will sleep every night thinking tomorrow is your last day but that will never come. After me, it will be my son who will make your life a living hell." 

"Killing you would be a kindness and we don't have mercy for people who disobey us." Arthur said smoking his cigar.
It was all too much to taken in.

"Arthur, your fiancée looks pale. Take her to her room. And don't forget to lock her in. I want two men at her door. She will stay there till it's time for her to come to wedding tomorrow."

"Of course, father."
Arthur came towards me and grabbed my arm tightly.

"No!" I screamed and kicked but all my efforts were futile.
He dragged me to my room, threw me on the floor and locked the doors behind him before leaving.

I brought my knees to my chest, laid my head against the wall and burst into tears.

Enzo! Dante! Romeo! Marco! Matteo! Someone..! Please, help me. Save me from these monsters! I'm so tired of fighting them alone!

Just. Please.