Chapter 45

Ava's POV

A week flew by within a blink of an eye. We moved to this penthouse in Manhattan the next day itself. I had no idea my parents actually owned a place in New York. But staying here felt more like my real home than I ever felt before in this city, because of the familiarity of all the things of this place. It had my mother's taste in décor, making us feel they were here with us. I loved my new home as soon as I saw the huge photo frame of my parents in the living room. Enzo told us about the history of the place making me realize this was exactly where my parents had fallen in love with each other and lived in their times. 

Enzo also assigned me one of the biggest master bedroom with an amazing view of Manhattan. Since it was quite plain and simple, he promised to help me decorate it and add things I wanted by the end of the month. 

Whole week went by with me settling in this new home with my brothers. Enzo and Dante were mostly busy in the study, handling their Mafia stuff from back in Italy. Romeo spent most of the time in the gym and with Stefen, helping the Kings to take over the Mafia business as well. And Matteo and Marco helped me with shopping and other normal stuff, now that we didn't had maids to do all our work.
I have no idea what they did with Martha and Hunts' other servants.
Another thing I liked about this place was the fact that my bestfriends, Vanessa and Veronica, were only few blocks away from us. They visited us twice in this week to help me arrange me bedroom and closet. 

Not to mention, the amount of outfits they discarded, because they were too 'tacky' or too 'simple'.. and what not.
*dramatic eye roll*

A chance of going for shopping with the fashion queens.

And today, was finally the first day of my college. As promised, Enzo along with Ryan got me an admission in NYU, where Vanessa and Veronica were my seniors and so were Matteo and Marco.
I was so excited for this day, because I was finally getting to live a normal life, with normal people. No more homeschooling. I was going to study at an actual University, with many many students and professors. 

I got ready, changed into a black ripped jeans and a white top and white shoes. Put on some mascara, a cherry lip gloss, and brushed my hair. I took out my new iPhone, clicked a quick selfie and sent it on the group with Nessa and Nik, as the OOTD.   

I left the room and went to the kitchen to grab an apple for breakfast.
And saw a little commotion in the living room.
"What's going on?" I asked my brothers who looked extremely serious. 

"We're extremely sorry, sorellina. I know I promised to drive to college today, but I won't be able to. Ignazzio Ricci's younger brother Antonio is causing some serious trouble. Dante and I along with Romeo have to leave for Italy right away. Marco and Matteo will stay with you. Please take care of yourselves while we are gone." 

Enzo kissed my forehead and gave few more instructions to the twins before leaving with Dante and Romeo.
I turned towards the twin brothers, "So..... which one of you are driving? 'Cause I don't wanna be late on my first day at college."

The campus was Huge!
I stood there with my jaw dropped until Nik and Nessa came and hugged the life out of me. 

"Good morninggg, Aves!! Do you have any idea how excited we are that you're finally here!" 

"By the way, you look hotttt mama!!!" 

"Wait till the boys get to see that sexy ass." 

"They are gonna be all over you, I swear to god." 

Gosh! These  girls are gonna be the death of me!

"Excuse us, but did we hear 'boys'?" Marco jumped in.