Chapter 58

Ava's POV

"I love you too." Ryan's face faded away into endless darkness.
Ever since, I've been in and out a few times. 

Beep!
Beep!
Beep! 

My eyes opened into a brightly lit room. The smell of the medicines and feel of the hospital surrounded me. I was breathing into a mask, slowly in and out. My body covered into a light blue hospital gown. I saw Enzo sleeping with his head lied on my bed, his hands holding mine. Needles inserted on the back of it. I tried to lift my fingers. It was painful but I managed to caress his fingers with mine.
I felt weakness overcome me and I was swept into darkness again.

"I love you, too." His last words rang in my head.  

"Ryan." I whispered. 

I slowly opened my eyes again. The same hospital room. Only there were more flowers, which lessened the smell of medicines. I saw to my left, Dante reading a magazine while Romeo was snoring lightly. 

"Fratello." I whispered weakly. His head snapped upto me instantly. 

"Sorellina!" He jumped off the sofa and rushed to my side. Leaning forward, he kissed my forehead. 

I smiled at him weakly.
"Oh, thank god! Ci hai spaventati.." He said placing his hands on mine. (You scared us..)

"How long..?" I asked him lowly. 

"You've been out for three days." 

Three days! 

"Sembri stanco, fratello." I said looking at his condition and those dark circles.
He chuckled. (You look tired, brother.)

"Anche io sono stanco..." I felt my eyes drooping. (I'm tired, too.)

"Dormi bene, principessa." (Sleep well, princess.) 

"Hmm.. Ti amo, Ryan..." Sleep took over me. (I love you, Ryan.)

"We cannot do that her, Enzo!" 

"She is not safe here!" 

"They love each other, fratello." 

"No, that it is not true." 

"Yes, it is! She confessed it to me last night! She thought I was Ryan. Maybe because of the medicines." 

"Exactly! It's just the medicines, Dante." 

"Didn't you see his condition when she got shot? He was screaming like madman. How many times has he tried to visit her since then?! But on your orders he was restricted by our men. Don't you see, they are in love. This is not right." 

"I almost lost her. AGAIN. Because of him. She is all we've left Dante." 

"How will you explain her when she wakes up?" 

"Leave that up to me. I've asked the doctors she is out of danger. They are keeping her sedated so she can heal quicker. But we can take her." 

"But it's dangerous!" 

"Get the best doctor on the plane. Turn the bedroom into a hospital ward. Make whatever arrangements necessary for her travel. But she won't stay here another day, Dante. And that is my final decision." 

Footsteps fading away.

Was that a dream?
Plane?
Where are we going?

Next time I woke up, I wasn't in a hospital room. Instead it looked a small bedroom. A luxurious cabin. From the hard hospital bed I was now laying on a soft mattress. The needles still sticking into my arm. The beeps of the cardiac monitor filled the room. A nurse came in to check up on me.
"Oh, you awake?" She was a middle aged woman. 

"Where am I?" I asked her. 

"You're on a private plane, dear." She smiled at me sweetly. 

"P-Private plane! Enzo? Where are my brothers?!" I panicked the beeping also increased suddenly. 

"Oh, dear! Calm down! You need to calm down!" 

"Tell me where my brothers are?!" The beeping just went on increasing as fear raised in me. I struggled to get up but pain shot through my back. 

She quickly searched for a syringe and injected something in the saline bottle hanging on my right. 

"What's going on?!" The door burst open revealing Enzo and my other siblings.

"Enzo.." I said feeling relieved. 

"What happened?" He asked the nurse. 

"She woke up and panicked finding herself alone in an unfamiliar environment. She started to struggle so I had to sedate her with a low dose. She needs to rest. I suggest one of you be here with her all the time. So that she doesn't panic when she wakes up again. " 

I felt everything starting to fade away, my vision blurred.
"Where are we going...fratello?" I managed to ask.

"We're going home, sorellina."

Birds chirping.

I woke up feeling much better. My eyes opened to see a familiar ceiling. My heart pounded in my chest as I recognized the interior of the room. I looked around to the same old window with thin white curtains, the same dressing table, the only thing different was the size of the bed. It was queen sized.

My old bedroom. 

"We're going home, sorellina." I remembered Enzo saying. 

"I am in Italy!" I gasped in shock. 

I tried to get up but it was very painful. 

"Oh! Let me help you." I heard a sweet angelic voice. I looked up to see a very beautiful young women in twenties rush towards me. 

She held my shoulders and helped me sit up on the bed.
"You look exactly like he described. Strong and beautiful." She stared at me dreamily.  

I chuckled.
"Look at me in bandages. I needed your help to even sit up, and you say strong!" 

"Do you remember what happened?" She asked me with concern. 

I closed my eyes and slowly everything started to come back to me
Arthur's blackmail. Seth turning on me. The abuse. And then the Kings along with my twin brothers coming to my rescue. Seth pointed a gun at Ryan but I pulled the trigger first. Ryan hugged me. And then sharp pain on my upper back.
I lifted my hand up and tried to touch the point where I felt pain. 

"You were shot." She informed. 

I remember confessing my feelings to Ryan. 

"I love you, too." 

I gasped loudly as I recalled that very moment.
"He said he loves me too!" I was so happy. I was over the moon.

"Who?" She asked me. 

"Ryan!" I told her and hugged her tightly out of happiness. 

And then the reality hit me.
"But I am in Italy." I pulled apart. I looked down feeling confused. 

I have to talk to Enzo.
Why am I in Italy?
Where is Ryan?
Is he here too?
I need to see Ryan!

I looked up and saw the beautiful girl sitting with a sweet smile.
"And who are you by the way?" I asked her curiously. 

"I'm Rose." Her name reminded me of my mother, Rosaline. Papa used to call her Rose. 

"Rose?" I cocked my head to the side. 

"Since you've confessed something to me. I feel like I should be honest with you, too."

"Well, I'm in love with your brother, Lorenzo."