Chapter 47

Ava's POV

The ride to the restaurant was extremely awkward and annoyingly silent. I had so many questions on my mind, but didn't have the guts to ask them out loud. 

Ping! 

A text from Seth. I looked at Ryan and he still seemed pretty angry. Because his knuckles were turning white on the wheel while his jaw was clenched. 

Why is he so mad??
What did I do?
And what's with the silent treatment? 

"Ryan-"

"We're here." And got out of the car to open my door.
Helping me out, he walked us into the Restaurant.
We were directed to a private table by the waitress who couldn't stop eyeing Ryan. 

You jealous Aves??
*wink* 

Okay. Fine. She was Beautiful and I felt.. It's not a nice feeling okay?
Like the gentleman he was, Ryan pulled out a chair for me and sat in front of me.
Passing me the menu, he said, "Order whatever you want." 

"Oh, so now you're talking to me again?" I rolled my eyes at him. 

He gave me a hard look which was enough to shut me up and go through the menu. 

"I would like a Mushroom ravioli and some salad. Thank you." 

"Make it two." 

"So, this is also one of your restaurants." I stated.

"That is not a question. So what gave it away?" He asked curiously. 

"The scared look on almost everyone here, except the waitresses who are begging to get your attention. They might as well get on their knees to serve you." I scoffed.

"Are you jealous, Ms. DeLuca?" He smirked.

I gave him the 'that's-the-most-ridiculous-thing-I've-ever-heard' look.  

Damn right you are Jealous! Can't lie to yourself, Aves!

"Well, that's correct. I own this place as well. And if you had paid attention to me as much as you did to those waitresses, you would have realized I'm not interested in my employees. That's very unprofessional." 

He explained leaning forward on the table.
"That doesn't mean it does not happen..." I muttered to myself. 

"Sorry?" 

"Nothing. But now that we are talking.. Will you explain to me exactly why was I dragged out of my college to be here having a lunch with you, Mr. King?" 

"Just call me Ryan." 

"You started it!" 

"Alright. I brought you here because I was in the same college and I was hungry and I saw you, so.." 

"You're terrible at making stories." 

He chuckled.
"Why does it matter? Don't you like my company?" 

I sighed.
"Of course, it's not that. But why did you lie to Seth?" I asked him. 

"Seth." He looked away balling his fists on the table. "First day, and you already have boys after you." 

"He is just a friend. But that is none of your business. And you shouldn't have lied to him. How would I explain him all of this?" 

"You don't need to explain anything to anyone, Ava." He narrowed his eyes at him.

The waitress arrived with our order. She ignored me, and was practically pushing her breasts out at Ryan's face. Unfortunately for her, he didn't spare her a single glance, instead he was staring at me the whole time.