Chapter 51

Ava's POV

We were all at the breakfast table, some busy in their phones others discussing stuff I didn't care about. After leaving Ryan's room, I was more determined than ever at getting to the roots of this break in myself, since no one else was ready to involve me. I was going go sit around and let them treat me like a scared, pathetic little princess. 

It's time get back to my old self.
The one who was clever enough to sneak around poking my nose in Hunts' business.
Time to show these people I'm not a lost puppy they need to look after. 

I observed each one of them while were having our breakfast.
Stefen and Ryan were talking to each other while Arlo was once again into his phone. And both the pair of twins were busy eye fucking each other. 

Now is the time.
Everyone is here. That means I can go sneak into the study. 

I excused myself from the table quickly, luckily for me, they didn't notice me leaving.
Running upto Ryan's study, I closed the door of the room behind me. Hastily taking out my phone from the pocket of my jeans I walked over to corner of the room, where there was a bookshelf. 

Vibration off.
Silent mode on. 

I started the audio recorder and hide the phone on a lower shelf, between the books. 

Alright. Now get out, Ava!
Hurry! Before anyone sees you here. 

I left the study and joined everyone else back at the table.
"Where did you go?" Nik asked me curiously. 

"Oh nowhere, just needed the loo." I dismissed her quickly and continued eating my omelet.

Like I had guessed they all went to the study as soon as they were done with their breakfasts. I retired back to my room and pretended to be studying, when actually, my mind was somewhere else.
Or rather excited and restless to know what they might be discussing about. 

Get yourself together Aves, you're gonna found out soon enough. 

2 hours and I couldn't control my nerves so I decided to get the phone back, hoping it would have gotten what I required to know.

I knocked at the door of the study room and let myself in once heard Ryan allow me. They had all gone quiet as soon as I entered the room.
"What? So you guys won't even talk to each other in my presence." I scoffed. 

"Come on, Avy. You know it's not like that." Matteo tried to explain. 

I went towards the bookshelf and leaned on it. 
"Then how is it? You people don't trust me?" I kept them distracted with the argument. 

"Now that's ridiculous." Marco rolled his eyes. 

"It's dangerous, Ava." Ryan stated firmly. 

I lowered my hand and let my fingers pry between the books as I continued to keep the eye contact with Ryan.
"I've practically lived my entire life in danger before you all came along. So please don't give me that excuse." 

My fingers reached the phone and slowly removed it and clutched it in my hand behind my back.
Ryan walked upto me, making my heart race with nervousness. 

Did he see?
Please. Please. God. Don't let him have seen me get the phone!

"Why are you here? Did you need anything?" He asked me lowly. 

"I'm bored. And if you want me not to bother y'all constantly then atleast give me something to keep my mind off all this drama." I gritted at him.