Chapter 30

Ava's POV

What the hell is going on..? 

I stood up from the bed and started pacing around frantically. 

Let's go through everything again. The girls came, they said they know everything and then they literally seduced Arthur and then injected him with some kinda liquid which made him fall asleep. And now they have gone somewhere downstairs leaving me with this sleeping devil.

I glanced at Arthur's unconscious figure lying face down on the floor and sighed.
There were so many questions in my mind.. 

Where are these girls? Why do they hate Hunt like me? What did Hunt do to them? Why were Ryan and his siblings helping me? When the girls said that they were here to save me.. were they talking only about them as in their siblings or was their someone else involved? If there was.. then who?

I having mild headache thinking so much about everything. I went towards the window of the room and opened it. Arthur's room had a window which showed the lush lawn of the estate, which was supposed to be decorated for the wedding. 

But.. Wait a minute. Where are all the guests? Why is the lawn empty?

All the decoration was ruined. The flowers were crushed and ribbons were scattered on the grass. The chairs were fallen. Everything looked destroyed. 

What the hell happened? Where was Mr. Hunt? Martha? Servants?

I bent forwards to look around even more. And saw some men in black had started swiftly moving all around the place with assault rifles in their hands. They stood surrounding the mansion completely.  

Oh my god! Are we under attack? What's going on?!! Where is Ryan, Nessa, Nik??

I was about to turn around and leave the room to find out what's going on downstairs. But before I could do that I was grabbed from behind. One hand was on my mouth muffled my screams while other was around my stomach.
"What the fuck did you do?" I heard a low familiar voice. 

Arthur!

My eyes widened and heart started racing with fear.
He quickly turned me around maintaining his hand on my mouth to keep me from screaming.
He pushed forward making my back bent out of the window. My hair were dangling down freely. I glanced slightly to my left and saw the steep height through my peripheral vision. I was gripping his arms instinctively.
The only thing which keeping me from falling down was his grip on me. 

"They say it's unfortunate to see the bride before the wedding."
With that his eyes turned away from me and caught something outside.
I knew what he was seeing. The destruction. The men. The guns. He quickly pulled me back into the room and slammed me on the wall next to that window.
I winced in pain. I stared at him with anger. 

"What the hell? Who are these men?"
He asked furiously. I shook my head. 

"What?" 

I gave him a 'Are-fucking-dumb?' look. And slapped his hand which covered my mouth.
He grunted and removed is hand. 

"I don't fucking know okay?" I seethed at him.

"Don't you dare to give me that attitude!" 

"Or what? You see that? You are surrounded. What the fuck will you do now huh?" I pointed towards the window and the men. 

He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. And then suddenly went still.
"Those girls.. There were two girls in here." 

God no! He is remembering!

He looked back at me with narrowed eyes. I gulped.
"I saw you in that closet before I felt a sting on my neck." He was rubbing the place on his neck where Nessa had stabbed the injection.
He eyes went on the floor and he caught the sight of the syringe laying on the floor at the corner of the bed.
He bent down and picked it up.
"Fucking bitches! They injected me with Valium!"
He walked towards me with and held the syringe in front of my eyes.
"Valium" He chuckled, "Valium isn't enough to sedate me for hours! This was something I used to take in high school! I've had things more stronger than this. " 

A fucking drug addict!

"But look at that.. They didn't even give me all of it. There's some remaining. That's some sloppy work. Dumb girls!" He shook his head and laughed. 

At that point, I was getting nervous as hell.
"Let me guess I wasn't even gone for 2 hours. Right?" 

I just kept silent, with my fists balled at the sides. 

"But this is enough to put you sleep!"
He smiled at me with a evil glint in his eyes.
He tried to grab me again but I put up a fight. 

"Stay away from me, you psycho! Ugh!"
But he was too strong, he grabbed both my hand with his one and started moving the syringe towards my veins. 

No! No! No!

In panic, I used my leg to knee his balls with so much force that he literally fell on the floor holding his crotch and cursing in pain.
I bent down towards him and slapped his face.
"I am NOT weak! And I am NOT some rag doll you will throw around!" I gritted at him pouring all my frustration. 

But right now he is not important.
Ava, you need to go downstairs. Look for Ryan. 

I threw in a last kick with my heels in his guts before moving towards the door.

I reached the door and started turning the doorknob, but Arthur grabbed my hair and pulled me back so hard that I felt like he had ripped them out in the process causing me to let a bloodcurdling scream.
He threw me back towards the bed. I lost my balance and stumbled, falling hard on the floor and hitting my head on the corner of the bed.
I touched my head with my fingers and felt something wet trickling down the side of my face. 
I looked at my fingers and saw blood.
And in that moment we both heard footsteps. I looked at Arthur who was looking panicked. He punched into the mirror breaking it into pieces. I screamed in fear. 

What a fucking psycho!

His hand was bleeding was well.
"What are you doing?!" I shouted at him.
He ignored me and picked up a sharp, huge piece of the mirror. And got me off the floor by pulling my upper arm. Arthur quickly turned me around and held me against his chest with the sharp piece of mirror at my throat.
Just then the door flew open revealing the only person I was hoping it would be.

"Ryan!"