January 20

Four years before the Party

2:30 pm

Taehyung was now neck-deep in his assignments. When he selected music as his major a year ago, he never imagined, even in his wildest dreams, that it would be that demanding. He knows studying the history of music is important to understand the Symphony Orchestra better, but he really didn't want to learn about prehistoric humans (Edwardian era) and their appalling wind instruments right now. Moreover, it was just the third week of the term, it was not supposed to be that hectic.

"Taehyung-ah, you can finish it at home, let's leave" Mu Myung, his classmate, whined from his seat beside him.

"No Myung, I need to finish it here. Jimin said he wanted to go to the new restaurant tomorrow", he said with an air of indifference and simultaneously flipped through the enormous book, "And if we go there, there is no way in hell, I'll be home anytime before dawn."

Finally finding the topic he was looking for, he started writing down the notes, until-

"You are Hoseok's friend right?" Taehyung looked up to see Jye Hee shifting further towards him to talk in a hushed voice, "Can you ask him to introduce his friend to me?".

She noticed the lost puppy look on Taehyung's face and she quickly added, "You know, the short blond hottie? Can you do me this favor?".

Taehyung sat back on his chair, eyeing the girl skeptically. He knew nothing good would ever come out of any conversation a stranger initiated with him.

He might be the friendly, outgoing, loud guy in his class, but that also means he is expected to be entitled to help them out in one way or another. He doesn't mind it much though. From his childhood days, he had always had one or two good friends. Hoseok and Jimin are the said two friends. They were his friends from as long as he can remember, and when Hoseok had changed his school during his high school, he still had Jimin.

Well, until he heroically (not really) saved a new kid with innocent, round eyes, from being bullied. After which, the new kid, Jungkook, stuck around too. Now that Hoseok hyung is in the same college, they started to spend more time together again.

However, Hoseok's friend...? Ah, it must be someone he met during high school.

"I'm sorry Jye Hee," Taehyung said, crossing his arms, "I've just started talking to Hoseok hyung again. I can't ask him such help already."

It was a lie.

1. They have definitely not just rekindled their friendship. Hoseok was a year older than him and he was here to help him with admissions and club activities.

2. Hoseok hyung would help if he asks him to.

Still, Taehyung didn't want to help because he doesn't know Jye hee well. Apart from that, he doubts that Mu Myung liked her.

Before he further got nagged though, a message ping saved him.

Jungkook: Don't die yet. My class got canceled. Come save me from the boredom.

He hurriedly packed the scattered assignment papers into the bag and mumbled out an excuse to leave.

Jungkook: Bring food.

He rushed to the on-campus supermarket with a smile. He was saved, of course, he will buy food. Taehyung bought his favorite strawberry flavored ice cream and chilled chocolate milk for Jungkook. He made a mental note to remind Jungkook that the supermarket was not en route from the music department to the culinary arts department. He had to take a detour through the art department to reach him.

As he turned the corner to the culinary department, he heard a loud bang. He retraced his steps to face the open window on the ground floor.

There, in the middle of a torn down sea of canvases, and what looks like a broken easel was a guy. A hot guy. The guy sensed Taehyung's presence and directed an almost death glare at him. 

Oh, he was a very very hot guy.

"Is there any problem?" the very very hot guy asked. His blond locks sticking to his forehead from the profuse sweating.

Wait, blond?

"Are you the hot short blond guy?" Taehyung blurted without thinking, promptly covering his mouth with his hands. It took exactly 2 seconds for him to realize his mistake and freeze on the spot. 

He belatedly realized he was grandly unfit for society, and that he should hibernate in his room for the next few months. Maybe years.

"Call me short again and I'll shorten your lifespan." the shor- the blond guy said fuming before stalking further into the building.

Taehyung made a run for his life.. he is never going to feed that brat Jungkook again.

________________________________