August 27

1:34 pm

Taehyung was sitting in his composition room, exhausted. He finished his final critique, at last, and it was a victorious battle. His Music Ensemble professor was especially impressed with his techniques. The day turned out to be productive and successful, yet he didn't feel that way.

Ever since he got rejected from BH Entertainment, Taehyung had been bummed out. Rejections always hit you hard, but when you're in a creative field, it's even worse. He hadn't expected much from the application anyway, but he still felt thwarted.

The call from his family yesterday regarding his grandmother's failing health was the final blow.

He laid his head on the mixing console and let out a ragged breath. Ever since high school, Taehyung was discontent with who he was, he was frustrated. His life seemed too busy and too grey. The hustle of the city seemed too loud.

Whatever he did, seemed like a scene plucked out from some sort of a teenage Disney movie. The buttons on the console were hard-pressed on his head and he knew it'll probably leave a mark on his forehead, but he couldn't care less. He just wanted some sort of calmness. He longed for a quiet retreat, anything would do...

He looked outside his window to see a tall tree. People were passed out underneath it. The tree had been there for a long time, yet he hadn't noticed it until now. Its silent presence and strong roots seemed to remind Taehyung of his boyfriend. Strong and perpetual in the simplest form.

Ping!

Koo: Hyung, did you complete your finals?