July 20

08:05 pm

"We're early, hope we didn't rush you? " Hoseok said as Yoongi slammed the door of the truck shut.

Yoongi shook his head and rearranged the backpack on his lap.

"Change of plans, we have to stop by Jungkook's place and pick him up too," Hoseok said, steering the truck to the main street, "Thanks to someone."

"I can't help if my dad decided to take my car. His car broke down this morning."

Yoongi turned to look at Taehyung sprawled across the backseat with a huge backpack and chuckled. He looked absurd. Taehyung was smiling and waving at Yoongi when he noticed Yoongi's gaze.

"So you decided it was a fun idea to trek your way into my house with that backpack and those slippers," Hoseok said without taking his eyes from the road. He took a turn into a food street and slowed down.

"Look who's talking. Slides are way better than crocs. Right Yoongi Hyung?"

Yoongi smiled softly at the bickering, "I guess it is."

Hoseok halted in front of a fairly big restaurant.

"I bought enough snacks, we don't need to get more," Yoongi commented, upon seeing Hoseok eyeing the restaurant.

"It's very nice of you to call me a snack, hyung. But I prefer being a full-course meal," Jungkook said with a smile and a wink while shuffling out of the side gate with a backpack too.

"Jungkook-ah, " Yoongi blanked out, "I didn't mean-"

"You're only saying that because your family owns a restaurant, "Taehyung laughed, smacking Jungkook on his shoulder, "Who cares about a meal when you have snacks? Chips over rice!" Taehyung yelled into the air.

Jungkook got onto the backseat laughing and the two soon set into the debate of healthy foods vs tasty foods.

Looking at Taehyung, Yoongi felt strange. He looked around the packed truck and could sense a shift in the aura. The loud voices in the background seemed to muffle his own thoughts. The cramped space felt strangely welcoming.

It felt like an escape.