Prologue

On the day of the party

8:15 pm

Stars remind people of many things. Some remember them for their twinkle, some for their distance, some for their abundance, and some for their constellations. Taehyung remembers the stars for the person who likes the twinkling wonders. A certain someone who believes that they are a form of hope hung up in the sky for people to pluck and use.

When one looks at the stars, they tend to find only the biggest and brightest ones. Sitting at the front porch of his small cottage near the forest, Taehyung has had more than a few days of struggle in finding the stars he searched for. Maybe if he looks closer, he might even see a few stars littered in his hallway. The ones that shine with kindness, the ones that twinkle when they laugh. He loves them all, but he cherishes one star the most. Inside, the house was steaming with laughter and warmth. It was their first official party in the cottage. His star was shining with a humble glow. His star, a star who was a shoulder to trust, a heart to love, a passing meteor who became his constant.

"One might think you are wallowing in your sorrow if they find you here all alone." Looking away from the hallway, Taehyung saw another star. This one had a gleaming brightness to it, a kind that pushes you to the light but stays in the darkness by itself.

"Hobi hyung," Taehyung smiled, taking the glass Hoseok was extending towards him.

"Your boyfriend forbade me to bring you any alcohol, said something about you getting too drunk too soon," Hoseok snickered as he made himself comfortable besides Taehyung.

Taehyung took a sip, laughing, "So, you bought me alcohol?" He knows him enough to know that it will not stop him from letting Taehyung have fun today.

"Well, it's not every day that your boyfriend gets a chance to showcase his piece in the leeum art gallery." Hoseok did not hide the pride in his voice.

Hoseok was right. The journey from a struggling Art student to an acclaimed artist who got to showcase his talent in the Leeum gallery was tough. Major ambassadors and sponsors contribute to that gallery. It was renowned and that made the occasion even more precious.

"He really babies you at times. If I am not wrong, he'd probably be just around the corner in the hallway bringing you snacks to go with your drink," Hoseok said with a grin, standing up to leave.

"Plus, blankets" came a voice before Taehyung was engulfed by a huge blanket bundle.

________________________________

Pfft poor poor taehyung. Who do you think it is? ;)