April 23

One year before the party

6:20 pm

Taehyung was sitting outside a pristine porch looking at the setting sun.

"The view looks phenomenal," Yoongi said, coming from behind. He sat next to Taehyung on the steps that led to a little backyard where the grass was a little overgrown.

"I think this is it hyung," Taehyung said while bending his legs towards his chest and hugging it.

Yoongi saw the thin layer of trees hiding them from their neighbours and the little squirrels that were playing on the grass. He knew this was the place too. The slightly elevated ground seemed to give a wonderful view of the city, and the location was farther enough from the main hub to harbor a tranquil atmosphere.

The cozy individual house was like a diamond in the mud. Thankfully, Taehyung had made enough connections in the mainstream music industry to come across this hidden gem. He had instantly hit it off with other artists too. His approachable character and unique way of composing made him a composer quicker than he expected. He had worked with several famous artists within a few years.

Yoongi had been right, becoming a freelancer was way better than being under a label.

The years following their graduation were hectic. They worked hard but without much pressure or stress. They enjoyed every moment of their life. Someone once said that work is not really work if you're doing what you love, and they were a living proof of it.

Yoongi had made considerable progress in designing the textile patterns. He even found out he had a knack for designing clothes. With the help of his employer, Yoongi had established a brand, but that was only a hobby. Yoongi was now a full-time acclaimed artist.

He had all sorts of items under his name. The internship at a tattoo studio gave him a branded style, his five projects in a music video (one of which Taehyung was the producer of) gave him an accredited name in the industry. He hadn't rekindled his relationship with his parents even after persistent nagging from his boyfriend, but he was okay with that. He knew it would happen naturally.

Now he was happy, and he was happy for Taehyung.

"Yeah, I guess this is it," Yoongi said with a smile. He got up and brushed the dirt off his pants before walking back into the building.

Taehyung went back to looking at the little tree that was growing in the far end of the backyard. It seemed young yet strong. The birds on the tree were singing a melodious symphony of songs. The shade under the tree was littered with little wildflowers. It seemed very peaceful. Taehyung would definitely convince his boyfriend to place a little picnic table under the tree.