Chapter 26

••••••°°"What I can do is, "*****

Welcome back.. . To the cringy ff 😣

Now on I go

I sat in the same spot I had been for over an hour now, unmoving. I couldn't bring myself to. Because, I hoped, I was hoping that everything would turn out as a dream and one way or the other, I will wake up from this dream, go to school, see her in school and apologize. Then she would forgive me, so I can protect her like how mates do.

The thought alone makes me grin, only to snap out with a certain entrance of two witches , my mate's friend, silently trailing behind . Her friend looked like she was about to collapse, every step she took was as if it hurts. She had tried to talk me out of my behaviour. This brings a memory where I almost strangled her for trying to talk some sense into my thick skull. I snapped and almost killed her.

As the two witches walked to my mate, it fell silent with only the sound of her twin grieving.

I couldn't help but to notice the other witch I assumed to be the pack's witch resembling the girl- my mate's friend but I a shrugged it off nonetheless, there were more important things than that

I watched her friend drag her feet, her eyes fixed on my mate as she walked to her. It wasn't long until she blinked the glassy tears from her eyes and collapsed next to her brother, fiddling with the sheets until she caught her hand and held it in hers.

I closed my eyes and leaned back on the wall, my one leg up whiles the other leg laid stretched on the floor. I placed one of my hand on my knees and clenched it tightly. I couldn't do anything about it

And I couldn't believe my blood was of no help. This was all my fault, it was all mine, they had warned me and as much as I wanted to deny it and blame it on the culprit -Pia, I couldn't because whatever happens, indirectly I had given her the go -on, I gave her the guts to touch my mate. If only I had warned her on the first day of school when Pia tried her 'new student ritual ' on my mate. It wouldn't have happened

And I hated myself, I hate myself so much. For everything

Once I was deep in thought of everything, I got totally oblivious of everything around me. My train of thoughts were interrupted by an angry hiss from a farmiliar voice.

Snapping my eyes opened, I was greeted by a messy haired twin brother towering over me with some sort of 'I'm going to kill you' look.

"This. Is. All your fucking fault "

I gave him silence , this time I was ready to be scolded by every random person. Under normal circumstances, I would snap and make him regret landing on my wrong side but now, no.

Why?
Because I already know it's all mine , and no one else's. I caused everything, my hatred and anger caused it.

"I'm fucking killing you leech "

He grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked me closer to his face, his raged glowing green eyes shooting bullets at me.

I didn't dare say anything, I couldn't because I felt my voice gone. I've killed my own mate, is there any monstrous act in this world worse than that? How come I'm only seeing her worth when she's gone?..

Exhaling shakily, I clamped my eyes closed, ready to ignore him and maybe have him say whatever he felt like saying, if that helps him

I could feel his fingers wrap around my neck and an abrupt squeeze

He was strangling me and it got to a point where I couldn't breath at all, my lungs were empty as I shut my eyes. My face felt lighter and even when I had closed my eyes, I could already see black dots begin to dance in my vision, the voices of everyone was distant as they tried to pry him off my which he wasn't budging. I could have easily swung him away from me but I wouldn't do it. My mate was in that state and wouldn't ber happy too know I hurt her twin.