Chapter 41

°°°"Would everything "***

[Jungkook---]
__________________
I was in a very deep slumber until something vibrated against my body. I tried to ignore it but a moment later, it came again. Squinting my eyes, I pried them open, despite how heavy they felt from the lack of sleep.

I had to stay up, make sure she wouldn't have a nightmare and start screaming and that her cursed mark stopped acting up. She was going through so much, it made me restless.

Her head was laid on my bare chest, I could feel that spot she laid on my chest soaked . A faint sniffle caught my attention.
I shifted slightly and she stifled, her fist flying to press against her mouth to suppress her cries. She was forcing herself to cry silently and with the way she relaxed and resumed to sobbing after making sure I wasn't up, showed how she wanted to keep her sorrow from me.

My heart ached, it ached at how she was keeping her sadness from me. She was like my home, I wanted us to share this love and sadness, I wanted us to go through it together and be happy.

I wanted her to let all her pain out and not keep it from me.

I sighed and blinked my eyes repeatedly, not wanting the tears to fall but I was honestly on the verge of breaking down with her. She was suffering and I couldn't do anything about it
I'm useless , a useless mate.

I sighed and gripped onto her waist. She stifled but I ignored it and pushed her from me, crawling on top of her. I had to find a way to make her forget all these, even if it was for a while.

I hovered above her, silently staring at her wide eyes which were looking back at me in shock. Her eyes were puffy and red, her face was stained with dried tears, she looked pale and different. Her face had lost its colour, she was changing, physically , she was getting drained and different.

There is no doubt it was because of the curse, she was hot, hotter than yesterday even though I gave her the medicine, her fever wasn't going down.

Her eyes were dull and she had bugs under them. Her lips were dried and cracked, almost too white. But I noticed the dark shades on them.

Poison.

That was the only thing that could make one's lips that colour. I knew nothing about black magic but I knew the black snakes on her body were a sign of how or what would be used to kill her.

M-my Mate was dying from a black magic, a snake's venom.

It got serious as every day passed by. I stared at her silently and she stared back at me silently.

"J-Jung"

I ignored her and leaned down on her neck, I don't know but I was going to cry so I had to hide my face. I was the one who is supposed to give her hope, I couldn't show any signs of weakness. I tried so hard to hold my tears back and instead I was kissing her neck.

"Jungkook what are you.... "

"Shhhh"

I hushed against her neck and continued to kiss it.

I reached the side if her collar bone, she let out a grunt , I instinctively sucked at that spot. Feeling her hand flying into my hair and her other hand gripping the back of my shirt..