trienta y dos

Monday Morning

Corbyn arrived at school, spotting Zach. He hadn't arrived with Jonah. Jonah left early, going with Zach. But he hadn't spotted Jonah near Zach.

"Hey, Corbyn." Zach said, approaching the blond.

"Hi zach, is Jonah here?" Corbyn asked, Zach grew a look of confusion.

"I thought he lived with you?" The younger responded, he went to continue but he felt arms around him.

"Jack go away" zach huffed, jack pulled zach closer.

"I've got basketball tryouts, can I get a good luck?" Jack whined, kissing his neck.

"Good luck, now go away"

Jack huffed, "fine, all my love goes to Daniel"

Daniel followed jack as he left, the two began laughing as Daniel was pulled closer to Jack. Zach watched with a loud sigh.

"You could've gone with them" Corbyn chuckled, "I could've gone on my own. I'm just usually with jo and I know your his friend... I love him and I have to make sure hes okay.... but if you dont know then he lied to me but why would he lie to me? I thought he trusted me..."

"Its fine, they've been having fun all weekend. They havent responded to texts so I'm guessing they've excluded me from some things. But dont scare me like that. What are you talking about, what dont I know?" Zach shrugged, he ran his hand through his soft brown hair.

"He left a note saying he was leaving with you... he wasnt there when I woke up an-"

"Rule number one, I dont wake up early so that's an easy lie. I dont wake up early unless Jack drags me out of my house." Zach snorted, his eyes showing worry, "jonah should know better than to say that... I wonder..."

Corbyn rubbed his arm, "zach why would he lie to me?"

"Shit" it clicked in Zach's mind, he grabbed Corbyn's arm and dragged the boy to his car.

"Zach, whats going on?!" Corbyn asked, hissing as he hit his head on the door of the car.

"Jonah usually lies the most when his mom threatens him" Zach quickly said, he grabbed he phone and called Jonah but no answer.

"Why would... why would he listen to her?"

"Because she's gone through with one of her threats before" zach gulped, "and he doesnt know which ones she'll actually go through with"

"Wh...what happened?" Corbyn asked quietly, wanting to know but his throat tightened in worry.

"Jonah was at my house once and his mom wanted him home so he could be forced to do chores. Well he denied, we were working on a music project. And then she threatened to hurt me, I didnt know at the time. But the next day after school his mom was waiting for me, she took me and gave me a really bad beating she only stopped because dad... uh jonahs dad called her." Zach explained, by the time he finished he was at Jonah's.

Corbyn terrified by both how fast Zach wad going and the story. "Oh"

Zach grabbed Corbyn again and dragged him out. "Look there's his car"