CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Just relax," Brian whispered to me, closing my bedroom door behind him. "I'm going to take good care of you."

He took my hand in his and sat us down on the end of my bed, placing the rose on my nightstand. "We need a safe word."

"A safe word?" I confused, making it all the more obvious that this really was my first time.

"Yeah." Brian chuckled. Not in a mocking way, more in an admiring manner. "A word we can use if either of us get uncomfortable at any point during this."

"Oh, I see." I acknowledged. "That makes sense."

"So, what word shall we use?"

"Pumpernickel?" I suggested with a shrug.

"This is why I love you," Brian smirked, ruffling a hand at my hair.

The air between us suddenly transferred to a more seduced tone as Brian leaned in and brought his lips to connect with mine. He kissed me gently, easing into control, as one hand curled its way around the back of my neck. The taste of him was minty as we fell deeper into the moment; I soon felt his tongue brush along my lower lip to request entry.

When I didn't cave immediately like I was so used to doing, Brian tried again, this time bringing his free hand to settle at my waist and letting his teeth sink into my lip. The move made me whine unconsciously, parting my mouth when Brian seized the opportunity and slipped his tongue in to meet with mine.

Both of his hands moved to either side of my face, his thumbs gently grazing across my cheeks with his nose squishing into my face. Before I could stop us, we toppled back along the bed as Brian soon climbed on top of me, taking dominance.

His clothed body grinded against my front; his breathing heavy as he continued to suck every last breath right out of my lungs. Brian's kiss stole the words I didn't need to say. In that silence all of our secrets were laid bare, all of our passions and the spark of love that existed between us. In that moment, in his love, I was strong. One kiss and I had the courage to do what had to be done.

Breaking away to catch his breath, Brian let his fingers hook around the hem to my shirt, slowly beginning to pull the cotton up and picking up on my hesitation. His eyes fell into a sorrowful glance, silently questioning me.

"I don't look good." I choked out.

"Baby, you're beautiful to me." Brian replied sincerely. "I love everything about you."

"Right..." I concurred. "But—"

"But what?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. "Sal...what's going on?"

"Doesn't matter." I dismissed with a shake of my head.

Brian was cautious in his approach, continuing in his task of undressing me as his gaze soon fell onto the bruises that stained my skin. Markings and wounds scarred my front and along my ribcage as I watched Brian drop my shirt to the floor just beside the bed. His stare did not alter away from my body.

I watched on as he leaned down and brought his lips to kiss at my skin; the soft touch an attempt to ease the pain of the black and purple contusions. Brian left a trail down my front, not missing one bruise on me. His fingertips followed the shape of my body, coming to a stop at my waist.

"You're so handsome." Brian gushed, raising his head to look at me properly.

I could feel the blush sweep across my cheeks at his words, soon choking out a breath when his hand trespassed into the depths of my boxers and curled a fist around my shaft. "Are you ready for me, Babe?"