CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

My mom had gone out with some of her friends the following Saturday evening, giving Brian and I the house to ourselves for the night. Well, at least until late enough. She told me that he was allowed to stay over but had to sleep downstairs on the sofa, which Brian didn't mind in the slightest considering the last time that we shared my bed he had been squished between me and the wall.

I was eager to see him because Brian had promised me that he was going to work on his insecurities so that we could have a special night together. My only hope was that he had stuck to his promise and was ready for the roles to reverse that night.

Setting up his bed on the sofa, I soon heard the sound of the doorbell. I made my way into the hallway and pulled open the front door, being met by a well-groomed Brian holding a box in his hands. He smiled at me as I studied the package in his clasp.

"Hello, you," Brian greeted, not waiting for me to let him inside as he stepped towards me and pressed a kiss to my lips.

Still confused, I closed the door behind him, furrowing my brows. "I can see that you're wondering what's in the box."

"Just a little curious." I answered, looking up at him.

"It can wait until later." Brian smirked, kicking his shoes off to one side.

"How much later?" I asked impatiently.

"That all depends when you want to get things started." He chuckled softly.

"Right now?" I suggested with a shrug.

"Wow, someone's horny tonight."

"Just missed you." I corrected. "Are you sure that you're ready for this, Brian?"

"Baby, as long as it makes you happy, I will do whatever." Brian assured.

I guided Brian upstairs to my bedroom, closing the door behind us. He settled the wrapped box on my nightstand, before taking a seat on the edge of my bed. I closed the curtains, soon feeling his hand reach for my own and tug me down onto the mattress beside him.

Brian didn't want to wait any longer as he removed his shirt and threw it down onto the floor, soon mirroring his actions on me. He leaned closer and brought his lips to meet with my own, kissing me sincerely. I was a little hesitant at first before Brian eased me deeper into the kiss, forcing his tongue to slip into my mouth and tangle with mine.

His hands soon met with either side of my face, closing the gap between us as things heated up between us pretty quickly. His lips tasted so sweet, just like they always did, as I lost myself to the moment.

Falling back along the bed, with me atop of him, Brian's arms looped around my waist as my fingers raked through his hair. Every time that his teeth sank down into my lip I tugged at a handful of dark brown strands, releasing a pent-up moan that fell through his lips. My body grinded up against his own, stimulating a response and growing hungrier with where things were heading between us.

Pulling away just a centimetre, I smiled. "What's in the box?"

"You're so impatient." Brian laughed, sitting us both up and taking the box from the stand.

He pulled at the string that held the wrapping together and removed the lid to reveal a bandana, some rope and a blindfold. Confused, I raised my gaze to his.

"What's all of this for?" I asked.

"You're so innocent," Brian pointed out. "I love it."

He took the items out of the box and laid them along the comforter. "This is what is going to help me get over my fears, Babe."