life

"So you wanted to see me?" Jungkook asked as he took some coffee that Jin made him. "Thanks for coming", Jin said with a warm smile. "Um, sorry if I say this, but I feel uncomfortable", Jungkook didn't feel like he should be here, at Jin's home, drinking his coffee, sitting in his chair that is probably worth more than everything he owned. 

"I can imagine, sorry about that", for the first time Jin was told he was not a good host. "So..." Jungkook took a sip of his coffee. "Ah right, I wanted to tell you um...my side of how things happened between Namjoon and I-"

"He hasn't told me his", Jungkook interrupted, "Why do you even want me to know?" Jin saw the difference between him and the younger then, Jungkook was so bold, carefree, and Jin perhaps Jin cared too much.

"I know Namjoon likes you, and that he wants to be with you", Jin said, "We talked earlier today, before you came actually". 

This was news to Jungkook. 

"And well...we've agreed to not contact each other", the younger felt his stomach turn. "Namjoon and I, we're letting go of each other, but I know it won't be easy on him, so...could you be by his side?" Jin asked.

"I will", Jungkook wanted to be there for Namjoon regardless. "It hurts more because I'm moving to Canada, for good", Jin said while leaving out he was taking Yoongi with him, he knew it wasn't his place to tell.

"How did you guys...even get together?" Jungkook asked hesitantly. "That's why I called you here, so you can know what happened" Jin set down his coffee. 

"Namjoon actually hated me", Jin smiled. "I was his senior, who set the bar high for him in terms of scores, grades, everything". 

 ITALIC MEANSFLASHBACK TIME

"Still in the library huh?" Jin asked with a smile and Namjoon scoffed, putting his nose back in his book. "Reading the book for next year already? Cheater", Jin teased. Namjoon put his book down, "Not my fault you didn't think of doing it", Jin ruffled Namjoon's hair and left. 

"Eventually I wondered why I was so invested in teasing this kid whose a grade below me", Jin said, "Then I realized..."

"Kim Namjoon!", Jin went up to Namjoon during lunch and handed him a flower. Namjoon's eyes grew wide and his cheeks instantly got red. "I like you", Jin said and as Namjoon took the flower, he also took out a note from his bag. 

"I like Namjoon, and when I gave him a rose, he gave me a note than was already written saying that he likes me-"

"Wow", Jungkook said in amazement. They both prepared to tell each other how they felt on the same day. It was a sign really.

"Eres dulce", Namjoon said to Jin who laughed and swung his arm around him. "Work on your Spanish for next year cutie". 

"We went from small rivals, to good friends, and then one day Namjoon kissed me, and he became my love and I became his".

Jungkook really felt like the love between Jin and Namjoon was beautiful, but he new there had to be a turning point. 

"Then one day...", Jin's smile faded.

"Namjoon, listen-"

"NO!", Namjoon cried and yelled. Jin hugged Namjoon and Namjoon tried to push him away, "I'll be back! I won't leave you behind ever-"

Namjoon broke free of Jin's hold, "You going away to be a model? You've told me so many times you were going to a university and staying here with me, then I would go to the same university as you, and then-"

"I know, but things change-"

"You're leaving", Namjoon's heart broke. 

Call him crazy but when they went from friends, to boyfriends, Namjoon thought Jin would be with him...perhaps not forever although that would be nice, but for at least a long long time. 

He thought Jin had the similar idea. 

Guess not.

"I understood how he felt, I really did", Jin said with pain still lingering in his eyes. "But I can't control how he reacts, I knew it would be difficult but he made me feel..bad...like shit for pursuing something that interested and benefited me, which isn't right also". 

"You two...", Jungkook hesitated to ask, "Still love each other?" 

Jin smiled at the idea, "I love Namjoon with everything in me".

"And how does Namjoon feel?" Jungkook asked worried. 

"I know he doesn't feel the same way I do about him", Jin sat there, looking sad. 

"You two can work it out-"

"Huh?" Jin was thrown off. "Namjoon doesn't see how patient you are! You're Kim Seokjin! He needs to realize-"

"It's fine Junkook, that's life", Jin tried to calm Jungkook down. 

"But h-hyung", Jungkook couldn't imagine the heartbreak Jin felt. "Hm?"

"That's not fair", the younger couldn't believe how fate and destiny ripped Jin and Namjoon apart after putting them in each other's lives.

"Nothing is fair, and that's okay, it's life", Jin accepted his pain, and knew he had to finally move on.