27

Shit shit shit you forgot to keep Sophea's birth certificate last night.

"Her birth certificate?" You try to get away but he looks at you, asking for an explanation.

"Joshua it's-," you tried to speak but couldn't.

You sighed. It's probably time he knows about it anyway.

"Fine, we'll talk about this tonight after she goes to bed,"

Sophea then started crying and he handed her over to you. Without saying anything he went out of the room.

She stops crying after a few minutes and you laid her back on the bed.

"What should I do?" You look at Sophea and she looks at you with her teary eyes.

"I'm fucked,"

________________________________

❗️smut scene ahead ❗️

Of all nights, tonight must be the night that Sophea sleeps early without any problem and you already told Joshua that you'll talk with him tonight.

After tucking Sophea to bed, you walked to Joshua's room and knocked on the door.

There was no response. You knocked a few times but he still didn't open the door.

"Like I care," you opened the door and entered his room. You always entered his room without his permission when you used to date him.

"Still the same," you mumbled after looking around the room.

You spotted a familiar picture framed on his study table.

It was when both of you went to the theme park and you were fixing his hair.

"So that's what took him so long," you remembered when he took a long time to pay for the pictures.

[if you don't remember this part please refer to chapter 9]

You then saw a paper bag beside his table and being the nosy person you are, you peeked inside the bag to see what was inside.

It's your satin robe and your undergarments that you wore before you left him.

"Those are yours. You can take that back. Thought you would come back," you were startled hearing his voice. When you turn around, you immediately turn to look away because he just got out of the shower and wearing a bathrobe.

"I'm sorry, I knocked on the door but you didn't open it,"

He used a towel to wipe his wet hair and you blushed because the sight of him tempted you.

"I'll go out so you can get changed,"

"There's no need. Now explain," he sits on his bedside and looks at you.

"There's nothing to explain, okay? She's your daughter," you finally admit.

"And you didn't even think to tell me about it? You even lied to me," he asked you back not feeling satisfied.

"I was going to tell you," you fiddle with your fingers.

"When is that supposed to be?" He asked sarcastically.

"Before going back to the States next month," you said in a slow voice but enough for him to hear.

"You're leaving me again?" He looks at you in disbelief.

You stayed quiet and didn't look at him.

"Tell me why you left me," you bit your lip, unsure to answer him.