28

You woke up when you felt a grip on your waist getting tighter and you tried to remember what happened last night.

"Joshua, why are you hugging me so tight?" You said half sleeping.

"So you wouldn't run away again," he nuzzled into your neck more.

"I won't," you giggled when he kissed your neck because it tickled.

You turn your body to look at his face.

"Good morning," you hold his face and he pecks your lips.

"Good morning baby,"

He then uses his arm to support his head to look down at you.

"You said yesterday you wanted to go back to the States next month,"

"I work there,"

"Can't you stay?" He said while his hands were fiddling with your hair.

"I want to but I can't,"

"If I figure something out, can you stay?" You nodded in agreement and he smiled.

"Joshua, I'm sorry. It's all my fault–," he kissed your lips to stop you from talking.

"Can you hear what I want to say?" You nodded and while gently stroking your hair, he smiled.

"I'm sad I didn't get to be with you during your pregnancy and let you raise our daughter alone. I'm sad I didn't get to see her when she was born into this world,"

"But it's okay now. What matters to me is that both of you are here with me,"

"And I won't let you go any more," his words made you tear up.

"You're making me feel so bad," you pouted and hugged his chest.

"I'm sorry," you sob and you know that although Joshua assures you that he's okay, you will live with this guilt.

"It's okay baby," he cooed you and wiped your tears away.

"Can I ask you a question now?" You nodded and were ready to hear what he wanted to know.

"How can you be sure that Sophea's mine?" He asks you the question that you know he would.

"Where do you think she got that smile from?" You asked him back.

"No, I mean you said that you were married and divorced from Michael. He can be the father," he looks at you trying to find the possibilities.

"I lied to you about that. There was never a person named Michael in my life," you grinned, trying to save yourself because you lied.

"So the last time you had sex was with me?"

"Yes Joshua, it's you," you pull his neck to kiss his lips.

He lets go of you and he smirks.

"See why I said condoms are important?"