36

"But I want to come!" Joshua stomped his feet whining like a kid.

"Joshua no," you said while applying some gloss on your lips.

"Give me a reason why I can't," he crossed his arms.

"Because it wouldn't be a surprise won't it?" You caressed his face hoping that he'll let you go.

"That's not enough," he scoffed.

"I want to be pretty in your eyes during our wedding day, it will be no fun if you see me in the dress for the second time,"

"But you're pretty every single day and I won't look at you less than that," he kissed your lips and you can see some of the gloss were on his lips.

"Please?" You tried to look at him with puppy eyes.

"Fine,"

"You can spend some time with the boys, haven't done that in a while didn't you?" You said while grabbing your bag.

"Why can't Sophea stay with me?"

"I want to buy her a white pretty dress to match mine," you carried Sophea and she smiled looking at Joshua.

Joshua walks over to you and gave you a hug.

"Have fun with my mom," he kissed your cheeks before laying on the bed.

You know Joshua's upset that he can't come with you but you really don't want him to see you in your wedding dress. It's a special moment for you and him.

You put Sophea down for a while and went to him who's laying down back facing you.

You whispered something in his ear and he smiled excitedly.

"Okay go and choose your dress and come home quickly,"

That's always your only way to persuade him so he'll have his mood back.

________________________________

"Is this okay?"

"It's fine but, there is probably more dress that is prettier than this," Joshua's mom said and your mom nodded, agreeing with her.

You sighed. This is the 20th dress you tried on and they kept saying no.

You then walked lazily to the changing room looking at all the white dresses hanged. After rummaging for a while, a dress caught your eyes.

A sparkly dress that is not too extravagant and nice cutting.

"Maybe this is the one," you mumbled to yourself.

After putting on the dress, you walked outside to both of them and they stand up, jaws dropped.

"That's perfect!" Your mom exclaimed.

"Joshua wouldn't blink when he laid his eyes on you trust me," Joshua's mom said feeling excited and they both finally agreed to which dress you're going to wear on your special day.

________________________________

"Thanks for helping me choosing the dress for me and Sophea, really appreciated both of your help," you said after stopping at your mom's house.

Joshua's mom is staying over for the week at your parents' house to help you prepare for the wedding next month.

"You're my future daughter in law, of course, darling," she smiled and caressed your hand.

"Have fun with Joshua while we spend some time with Sophea, we'll send her back in the evening," your mom said before getting out of the car.

"Okay, say hi to dad and Mr. Hong for me!" You said through the open window and waved goodbye.

After both their glimpse disappeared into the house, you started driving back home.

"Hi babe," Joshua opened the door after he saw you got home.

"I bought us lunch," you grinned and lifted up the plastic containing food in front of his face.

"Where's Sophea?" He said while looking at the car, brows furrowed.

"Your mom wanted to play with her for a while so she brings her along," you walked past him and started walking to the dining table to put the food.

"Have you eaten anything?" You asked him.

"Not yet," as soon as you place your bag on the couch, Joshua lifted you up.

"Joshua!" You yelped and look at the mischievous smile plastered on his face.

"You know what you said earlier," he raised his eyebrows a few times to tease you.

"I know, but we got until evening to ourselves, you're so impatient," your legs started kicking on the air but it was no use, his grip is too tight on you.

"You promised already," he started walking up the stairs.

"I regret that," you murmured loud enough on purpose so he can hear.

"No turning back sweetheart," he closed the door with his legs before throwing you on the bed.

________________________________

1 month later

Joshua's mom was right. Joshua didn't even blink when you walked down the aisle.

You can see everyone's eyes setting on you as you walked. Sophea's smile widely in Jeonghan's arms while her hands reaching out to you.

Your dad walked you till the end of the aisle before letting you go and your hand reaches out to Joshua.

It was for a moment you felt very nervous standing in front of him.

He lifted up your veil and you can see his mesmerizing eyes, looking at you with such love.

"Hey," he whispered but his eyes are still on you.

"Hi," you whispered back and blushed under his gaze.

"You're so beautiful," he holds your hand gently.

"Thank you, you look nice," him wearing a tuxedo today makes you love him more. It's not like you haven't seen him wearing one, it's just he's extra handsome in your eyes especially today.

"I always do," he winks before your vows begin.

"..."

"I do," he said and smiled to you.

"..."

"I do," you said and smiled at him back.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride," slowly Joshua decreased the space between both of you, letting his soft lips resting on yours.

You both can hear the crowd clapping their hands and whistling.

"You're mine," he said and let go of you for a moment.

You stared into his eyes.

"I'm yours," you stopped before continuing.

"Forever," you pulled his neck again and kissed him again.

Your best friend, the father to your daughter, and your husband.

THE END.

[this time for real]