Chapter thirty-eight.

Parker's POV

The second we stepped foot out of the airport we were bombarded with flashing lights and people screaming questions at us.

'Niall how was your trip?'

'Parker can you confirm the engagement rumors?'

'Are you two really expecting'

'Are you just with Niall to build your own fanbase?'

'Is it true that you're using Niall for his money?'

The more questions I heard the angrier I became. I knew they were just trying to get some kind of reaction out of me so they could use it as their next story. 'Niall Horan's new girlfriend lashes out at reporters... anger issues???' I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts as we continued to push through the crowd. As much as I wanted to tell them off I knew I couldn't.

I squeezed Niall's hand in mine as we continued to push through the sea of reporters and fans. I had forgotten that once we were spotted in Dublin people would be here waiting when we landed in London.

Finally we reached the black car that was waiting for us. Quickly getting into the back seat as the driver loaded our bags into the trunk.

"I think I'm starting to see why you never go public with your relationships." I say as I rub my temples. The stress of the last few minutes erasing the nice morning that we had. Even though I knew they were all just hurdling baseless accusations at me it still got on my nerves.

"You learn to tune it all put after a while but I hope you know they just say all of that to try and upset you." He tries to reassure me while holding onto my free hand.

"Can't let a few crazy questions ruin the mood. We had a really good trip and if I'm being honest I already miss your mom."

"I think she might like you more than she likes me." We both laugh at his comment and talk quietly for the rest of the car ride.

We are able to avoid another mob by going through the private parking garage instead of the main front doors. Dragging our bags into the elevator with us as we make our way to Niall's floor.

"Home sweet home!" I shout as we enter the apartment, earning a small chuckle from Niall "Well more like second home to me but home to you."

"With the amount of clothes that you have here I'd say it's your home too"

"Not my home till I live in it full time, I am currently on an unexpected extended stay."

"Well it could be" Niall says very nonchalantly "only if you wanted to"

I gives him a confused look and he stands there looking very nervous. Scratching at the back of his head as an awkward silence falls between us.

"Probably a bit too soon for that babe." I laugh to try and break the tension that has filled the air "I wouldn't mind it since I'd be closer to you but let's give it some more time."

His features soften up and it looks like his nerves calm a little due to my response. As much as I would love to live here with him it's just way too soon. We've only been together 2 months and moving in is a big step. 

"Yeah you're right." He says in a defeated tone. 

"Now that we're home I can continue my winning streak in Mortal Kombat. Get your butt over to that couch and prepare to lose once again, Horan!" I say in an attempt to lighten the mood. I could tell that it worked by the smile that grew on his face.  

"Wait, what about the rest of my gift? You said it was here right." He reminds me as we make our way to the oversized seating. 

I couldn't believe that it had slipped my mind so fast. I had his gift hidden in my room for the past two weeks. I went out and bought the console one day when he was in the studio. Hiding it under the bed in the guest room because I knew he may find it if I put it anywhere else. He hadn't suspected I had gotten him anyone but I myself am very nosey and always find my gifts before I'm meant to see them. Though I was impressed that I never found Niall's gift to me. It was probably somewhere I couldn't reach.