Chapter fourty-three.

Niall's POV

"I can't believe I'm finally meeting you in person!" I let out as I was pulled into a tight hug.

"Shut up! I'm not the huge celebrity here." She spoke up when we let go of each other.

Before Parker and I went to her home town for thanksgiving I let my friend know we would be heading to California afterwards. With the intent to have her help me pick out an engagement ring.

At first she called me crazy. Well she called me a lot more than just crazy for getting a ring after only being together a few months. Not that she didn't think it was a good match but she wanted me to make sure Parker was ready and open to the idea of one day getting married. Having been through a marriage and divorce herself she wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing and I appreciated that a lot.

"Never thought u would make it out here with everything that was going on but I'm happy that it finally happened." We got into her car and headed off to some nice jewelry store she knew about.

"Who would've thought that after we met a few months ago I would be helping you shop for rings? This is still so crazy and if I don't receive and invitation to not only go to the wedding but also be like a grooms woman I will be upset. Is that what you would call it?" She rambled on as we sat in traffic.

"I honestly have no idea but I'll consider it. You'll definitely be there no matter what. So long as she says yes that is." I fumbled with my fingers nervously. Before today I had been excited at the thought of doing this but now the nerves had caught up. It was beginning to feel real even though I wouldn't be asking for a while.

"You know she will, why ask if you don't already know what the answer will be?" She had a good point. That's didn't make me any less nervous though.

We slowly but surely made our way through the traffic to our destination. Since she lives here I trusted that she would know good stores to go to. As we exited the car I couldn't help but do a quick scan of the area. Though I tried my best to cover up a bit in hopes of going unnoticed it was much harder with all the paparazzi in this city.

"Alright, I guess this is really happening. I'm really buying a ring for Parker today" I spoke up as we entered the small shop. The walls were lined with various glass cases. Holding any kind of jewelry that you could think of. The sun that poured in from the windows leaving small rainbows scattered along the walls due to it bouncing off the jewels.

"Hello! How may I help you two today?" A woman greeted us as we walked further into the store.

"I am actually here today looking for engagement rings."

"Wonderful, follow me this way!" The excitement on the workers face was very apparent the second I finished speaking. She led us over to a section of cases in the back corner of the store. Several rings were on display as well as charts featuring different shapes and sizes the diamonds can be.

"There are so many things to choose from. Do you have any idea of what she would like?" My friend asked as we peered over the top of the glass. Gawking at a few rings that she said she would like for herself.

"Dose she happen to have any rings that she wear often? Possibly a Pinterest board of engagement rings we could look at? You'd be shocked at the number of people we help who come in with a Pinterest board asking to give us specific rings."

"She doesn't wear rings much but she likes to wear jewelry with these blue diamonds on them. I think they are called blue sapphire. She really likes those." I explained as she began to set different rings on the counter for us to look at.