Chapter forty-one.

Parker's POV

The sound of my phone buzzing on the bedside table woke me from my sleep. a small stream of light was peaking through the curtains helping me to see my surroundings. Niall's arm was tightly wrapped around my waist. Keeping me close to him as we slept.

I reached to grab my phone after prying his arms off of me. Tapping my screen to turn off the alarm. I slowly pulled myself up off of the bed. My feet lazily walking over to the couch where I had set my clothes for the day.

Late November in the midwest is cold so I made sure to pull out my puffy jacket when I got home yesterday. I pulled my jeans onto my legs and threw on a short sleeve shirt before sliding on my hoodie.

After I got dressed I quickly fixed my hair in the bathroom mirror. After sleeping with it down it had become a tangled mess and I ended up forcing it into a bun. Not wanting to fight with it right now. I brushed my teeth before grabbing my purse and heading out the door.

The ride to the doctors office was short and before I knew it I was running through the freezing cold garage and heading into the building. Once I checked in at the front desk I sat in the waiting room watching what was on the tv. Since it was early in the morning there were only a few other people in the room. A pregnant woman who I assumed was there for an ultrasound and a young couple who I assumed was newly pregnant. Everyone except me had been engulfed by whatever was on their phones.

As I sat there quietly starring at the tv people had begun to be called back to see their doctors. eventually I was left in the room by myself watching E news on the small mounted tv. Pictures of different celebrities flashed across the screen and the hosts talked about each story. After a story about some model I had never heard of.

"Parker Crain?" The nurse yells out into the room after opening the door. A little embarrassment flashing across her face when she sees I am the only one seated in the waiting room. I get up out of my seat and make my way to the door she is standing in.

The nurses quickly weighs me before guiding me to one of the rooms. I sat on the table waiting for the doctor to come in. Scrolling through my camera rolls to find a photo to post at first but then ending up watching peoples snapchat stories to pass the time. After a few more minutes I hear a knock on the door and the doctor enters the small room.

"Hello Parker, how are you doing today" She asks with a bright smile on her face. Sitting down on the stool across from me.

"I'm doing pretty good. Finally getting back home after being stuck in London for a few months." I explain as she types away on the computer that's in the room. Pulling up my information from previous visits.

"What were you doing all the way out there?"

"I was visiting my boyfriend. I originally went in July but got stuck there after the travel ban went back up and I am finally getting back home. Just in time for the holidays too."

"Is your boyfriend British or does he just live there?" She asks, just continuing to make conversation before beginning the visit.

"He's actually Irish but he's living in London." I say, not revealing too much information about him since I doubt she'd even know much about Niall.

"Well I want to see pictures before you leave because I'm sure he's gorgeous but for now we are here to talk about your birth control. How have you been feeling, any side effects lately?" She asks, getting straight into the serious questions.

"I've been gaining more weight lately and experiencing some headaches pretty often. I was actually hoping to get off of the pill." I explain

"Is this in hopes of starting a family? You're still pretty young but I always like to ask why."