Chapter forty-eight.

Parker's POV

Niall has been gone for two days and I think I've already died of boredom from him not being here. In my mind the few days he would be gone would go by quick. It wasn't even a full week away so it would be fine, right?

The first day he was gone I cleaned the entire house. I always clean when I want to distract myself. It's probably the most productive bad habit a person could have. Considering how big the house is it actually took me quite a while to get it all done. Once I was done cleaning I did all the laundry and put it all away. From the outside I must look like some housewife but on the inside I was just trying to pretend I didn't start missing him the second he left.

This was the first time that we would be spending any time away from each other. I knew I would miss him but I didn't think it would be instant. I thought by maybe the third day it would start to hit me. If I can't even last a day without missing him how am I supposed to make it two whole months when he leaves for tour?

Now I was laid across our bed in nothing but my towel. Flat on my back and staring at the ceiling. I had just gotten out of the shower. It was the middle of the day and I had already done everything I needed to do.

I sat there for a while thinking of something I could do to keep myself busy. The soft sounds of music coming out of the speakers and filling my ears. Nearly causing me to drift off into sleep. Right as I decided that a nap wouldn't be so bad my phone began to vibrate violently beside me.

It took all of my energy to roll over and see what it was. My eyes went wide at the sight of the ceiling appearing on my screen. Someone was trying to FaceTime me, and that someone was Niall. I don't think I've ever answered a phone faster in my life.

"Hey!" He yelled out as his face appeared on my phone. Instantly causing a smile to spread across my face. My eyes scanned his surroundings to see if I could tell where he was. My heart growing even sadder when I realized he was sitting in the kitchen of his apartment. It felt like so long since I had been there.

"As if I didn't already miss you enough. Now you've got me missing being in London. Are you doing okay? Are they feeding you three meals a day? Are you getting enough sleep?" I spit out questions a mile a minute.

"Woah. Calm down. Yes, I'm doing just fine. 27 years old I think I can take care of myself. It is a bit weird being here without you though." He responds as he exits the kitchen. Sitting down on the couch and placing his phone on the nearby table. Leaving the frame for a second to reach for something only to reappear with a guitar.

"Just when I think I couldn't miss you anymore you go and pull out a guitar. Niall James Horan, you will be the death of me." I joke as I watch his fingers gently strum the strings.

This view was just making me think back to before we had met each other in person. The countless random calls I would get and how we would talk for hours over the phone. It still blows my mind that earlier this year I tweeted Niall on a whim. Hoping my newfound fame would help me get noticed. Now months later I am here in his LA home waiting for him to return.

"You going to wear that jacket to the party on New Years? That yellow one that Lou said was hideous." He responds. Still having most of his focus on his guitar rather than the conversation. My mind instantly went back to when we were in London and out shopping with Louis and Eleanor. I loved the jacket since yellow is one of my favorite colors but Louis had the opposite opinion. Nearly snatching it out of my hands when I said I wanted to buy it.

"First of all, Harry agreed with me that it was cute. Louis doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm totally wearing it and I'm sending Lou the pictures." I roll my eyes and let out a small laugh before changing the subject. "Anyways, back to this surprise that you have for me. Is it for our six month anniversary?"