Chapter 11

Elena was walking down an empty hallway with a wide smile across her face. She was late for class. Neither her alarm clock nor Jenna screaming her name, telling her she's going to be late, managed to wake her up. She skipped Jenna's awful coffee and did her morning routine in a hurry. Never in her life has she been late for class, and if it were any kind of a different situation, she would curse herself for being late, but happiness was still flooding her mind and body, and being upset at herself for being late for class was the last thing on her mind.

She opened her locker and took a Psychology book out of it. The events from yesterday were still flowing through her mind, flashing in front of her eyes like they're happening now, making her heart race and the hair on her hands stand straight up. Not even the warm shower washed away Stefan's kisses from her lips, so she could still feel them tingling, trembling at the memory of him kissing her in the rain. They were craving for more, although she and Stefan kept making out on his bed long after they came inside the house, before she rested her head on his chest, and before both of them started laughing at what kind of fools they both were. Her neck was still pulsating from all the kisses he planted there, and her mind would not let her forget how softly his fingers fell on her skin, especially when he picked her up from the ground, keeping his hands firmly under her bottoms. She wanted to feel the fire again. Fire starting in her toes and spreading through her whole body while he was lying on top of her, with the fingers of one hand going through her hair, and with the fingers of another gently fondling her hips. She never felt more alive than in the moment when his lips collided with her skin.

She started walking faster, when she could feel someones fingers wrapping around her wrist, pulling her in until her body crashed against the door between two lines of lockers. As soon as fingers fully wrapped around her wrist, she knew it was Stefan, because no one ever touched her so gently, and no one's touch made her body change temperature in the time of one second. When she felt wooden doors behind her back, she raised her head and smiled at already smiling Stefan, who was lowering his head to lock his lips with hers. She accepted the kiss only to detach her lips from his after few seconds, leving him lingering close to her face, expecting her lips to go back where they're supposed to – back on his.

„Someone will see us" – she said as he opened his eyes only to catch her look wandering around the hallway.

He looked around as well. The hallway was empty. When he turned his head around to look at her, he was frowning.

„So? I want everyone to know that you're mine" – he pulled a wide grin across his face.

The corners of her lips curved into a smile and blush came over her cheeks once again, which made him chuckle.

„Am I yours?" – she raised her head and her eyes wandered in the direction of his, curiously anticipating for his answer.

He smirked and took the lock of her hair, only to push it behind her ear and caress her blushing cheek. „Yes" – he said reassuringly.

That simple answer was enough for her to stand on the tip of her toes and throw her arms around his neck. She kissed him gently while playing with the ends of his hair on the back of the neck. He had put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him, making their bodies grin against each other.

„But this time, I want to do things right" – he said after detaching his lips from hers.

He had met her confused look and laughed lightly while lowering his head down.

„You know, I want to take you on a date, make you shiver before I kiss you in the end of it" – he smirked at her and she smacked his shoulder with her loose fingers – „Tell our friends" – he continued, to which her face adapted a shocked expression.