Chapter 21

He could still taste her strawberry lip gloss on his lips, and deep inside his throat, he could taste her too. If someone asked him how exactly Elena tastes, he would have a hard time explaining it. She tasted like the sweetest candy. Not like one of those with a huge amount of sugar which makes the skin of your tongue peel, and not like one of those which you can barely feel in your mouth. She tasted like a candy with the exact right amount of sugar. But when she was gone, she left a sour taste in his mouth, and his tongue burned, like there were fireworks inside of his mouth. Elena Gilbert tasted special, unique, like food you wouldn't mind eating every day for the rest of your life.

And then there was a scent of her lavender shampoo that stuck on his pillow long after she was gone. He might as well call it her pillow, since she used it every time she came over, marking it with the scent of her lavender shampoo, or with the scent of her blueberry lotion. She smelled like Spring, which soon enough became Stefan's favorite time of the year.

And then there was the smell of her skin, and no matter how weird it sounds, to him, she smelled like sunshine. Sunshine doesn't really smell like anything, but if it did, it would wear her smell.

But if it were up to Elena, she would say she smells like Stefan, because when they would part, and even after water washed her skin, she would still feel and smell him on her. Stefan got under her skin, and he's stuck under there from the moment she met him, and by now she was sure he's not going anywhere.

"Stefan, stop!" - Elena yelled through laughter as she was trying to get away from Stefan - "You know I'm ticklish" - she rolled around the bed, trying to remove his arm from her stomach. She was wearing only her panties and her bra, so he had a clear view of her most ticklish spots placed on her stomach.

"Reason good enough to tickle you more" - he smirked as he placed one of his hands under her, pulling her closer, even though she tried to wiggle her way away from him, and his other hand was on her stomach, his fingers working around her most sensitive spots.

She laughed out loud. "Ouch" - she said, as something squeezed inside of her stomach. She probably pulled a muscle from too much laughing, if that was even possible. "My stomach hurts" - he stopped tickling her, and she had put her hand on top of his, which was still resting on her stomach. The only difference was, he was cuddling her now.

"Maybe you're pregnant" - he kissed her shoulder and she could feel his lips curving into a smile on her skin.

She turned around like a tornado and punched him in his bare chest with her fist. "So not funny" - she frowned.

"I wasn't trying to be funny" - he smirked at her, caressing her face, trying to remove the frown from it.

And he was successful in doing so, since now her face was washed with nothing but utter shock. "You want a baby?"

He laughed out loud like she said the sweetest thing her brain could possibly come up with saying. "Well, not now obviously, but one day, yes. I would love a whole bunch of babies, actually" - he touched the tip of her nose with his fingertip, smiling at her.

Elena was shocked, and surprised. She never thought guys think about stuff like that. Girls tend to think about starting a family and having children from the very young age, but she never thought boys do to. Or maybe it was only Stefan. He thought about many stuff other boys didn't, or things she had no idea boys think about.

"Oh really?" - she cocked her eyebrow at him, squeezing herself next to him.

"Mhm" - he smiled at her, their faces so close to each other that he could see his reflection in her eyes. He looked differently than he did when he looked himself in the mirror, and he asked himself is this the way Elena sees him. "One boy and three girls. I would like the first one to be a boy."