Chapter 27

Elena was sitting on a porch swing, cuddled up in a comfy blanket that was keeping her warm on this chilly morning, with a cup of hot apple-cinnamon tea in her hands. She could not sleep, so she sneaked out from the bedroom, and decided to enjoy the sunrise. She watched the sun coming up on the sky behind the lake. It was incredibly bright, yellow from the inside, orange in the middle, and red from the outside. It looked like a colorful circle, so beautiful, so safe, so comforting, it was hard to believe its colors could hurt, and that the fire on its surface could burn.

She managed to sneak out of the bed without Tyler even noticing. In 25 years of her life, she woke up only next to two men, one of them did not even notice when she would wake up, and the other would wake up if she only rolled over. Stefan woke up as soon as she would, and when he did not feel her skin pressing next to his, he would not be able to sleep.

She was thinking a lot about Stefan. About how he loved her, and how she loved him. How it felt when they were together. And how different what she has with Tyler is from what she had with Stefan. She loved both, there was no doubt, but she loved them in two very different ways, because both of them were able to give her different things she needed. With Tyler, she felt comfortable, she felt safe, she felt like a silent night or a calm ocean. She felt like she is done, like there is nothing more out there for her to do. Like this is it, for the rest of her life. And lately, that feeling has been choking her. She did not want her life to stop at the age of 25, she felt like there's so much more she needs to do, so much more she can do.

And her relationship with Stefan.. it was passionate, but it was also caring and loving. He made her feel like there's nothing she can't do, and pushed her to do everything she always wanted to. He had helped her free herself in ways she did not even know is possible.

There was one thing in particular that was stuck in her mind. The last night they spent together, when she made him make a promise that in the end, she broke.

He came for a visit. They haven't seen each other for quite some time, two weeks to be precise. Longest they have ever been apart. He knocked on her door, and when she opened them, he was clearly breathtaken. It was written all over his face. Her hair was up in a high pony tail. The ends of her hair were tickling her back as she walked. She was wearing a skin tight, knee length, pink strapless dress. She knew he would like it. And she thought she should reward him somehow. He brought her flowers. She fell into his arms and kissed him. She kissed him so deeply and so passionately that she almost sucked all of his life force out of him. He squeezed her closer to him, and did not let her go until there was no more air in their lungs.

They went out for dinner, then took a walk. She did not even have to say that she's cold, and he wrapped his jacket around her shoulders. But she told him she's cold anyway, before biting her lip. He could take a hint. They went back to her dorm room. Her roommate went back home for the weekend, for which Elena was very thankful. She pulled him into the room, took him by the hands and kissed him again. Her hands were on the back of his neck, playing with the ends of his hair, providing him much needed satisfaction only her hands could. He had put his hands on her back, but soon enough they were all over her. He explored her breasts over the dress while moving his lips down her neck, then squeezing her hips while going back to her lips. Finally he had put his hands under her buttocks, squeezing them gently, and he pinned her against a wall. He went back to kissing her neck, but the only thing she wanted to do was to tear the clothes off his body. She was hungry for him.

"Stefan" - she was breathing heavily, still holding her hands on the back of his neck.

"Mhm?" - he was kissing her neck slowly, pressing his lips on all of the right places, places he knew she likes. His lips on her skin were driving her insane.