Chapter 31

They came back to the town a day before Nik and Caroline's wedding. The evening before they were about to head back to the town, Caroline had a little breakdown. Not because she's getting married, she's basically been married to Nik since High School. Not because he is the only man she will have to sleep with for the rest of her life, since he is the only man she ever slept with in her life. Not because she will be tied down by a piece of paper, or give herself to someone for the rest of her life, or have his children, because she knew, from the moment she met him, he will be the man she will spend the rest of her life with.

But because her mom called to inform her they delivered, by accident, red roses instead of white, and now it's too late to exchange them. White roses are Caroline's favorite flowers, they symbolize purity, and eternity. Elena and Rebekah spent nearly two hours trying to calm her down, explaining to her a red rose symbolizes love and passion. Plus, they're a classic, you can never go wrong with them since they go with everything, like a little black dress. Luckily for them, Caroline speaks the language of little black dresses, so they managed to calm her down.

Stefan and Elena decided not to tell anyone about them getting back together until after the wedding. Well, Elena decided, since she did not want to steal Caroline's thunder or wash her over with more news. She also did not know can she call what Stefan and her have been doing getting together. They were having sex every chance they would get, and if they weren't they would participate in heated make out sessions. She did not mind, but they haven't exactly discussed what this means for either of them. She knew what it means for her, and she could guess what it means for him.

Which is why, when she came back home and Jenna dropped million of questions on the top of her head, Elena told her she's back together with Stefan because she loves him, and because she never stopped loving him. Jenna was a fan of Stefan from the moment she met him, so she could not help herself but show her excitement about the two of them getting back together. Plus, she knew Jenna is able to keep a secret, so she saw no harm in telling her.

Elena was with Caroline in her church quarters, helping her to get ready, like a made of honor is supposed to. Caroline had a long, puffy, strapless white dress, which looked beautiful on her lean body. She had a tiara on the top of her head, and her naturally blonde curls were bouncing on her shoulders. She had only a little bit of make up, some blush, mascara and light, vanilla colored eyeshadow, since she decided to keep her natural look.

"Your dress is amazing" - Elena said while lifting the skirt of her dress up so she can help Caroline put her shoes on. Caroline had put her hands on Elena's shoulders and lifted her foot from the ground so Elena can help her to place a shoe on it.

Caroline pulled a wide smile across her face as both of the shoes were placed on her feet. Elena fixed Caroline's dress and stood up, looking at her. She really looked like a princess from a fairytale. She grabbed the dress with the tip of her fingers and lifted it a little from the ground, twirling in front of Elena.

"Thank you" - she said happily.

Caroline was always happy, excited, with a wide smile on her face. She was one of the happiest and most beat up people Elena has ever met. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen Caroline in tears that were caused by sadness, and even, in the rare times, when she was incredibly saddened by something, she would hide it behind a smile. But today, she was especially cheerful. She smiled brighter, and her eyes smiled alongside her lips.

Elena often dreamed about her wedding day, since she was a child. When she met Stefan, she was so sure she is going to marry him, and she could see every detail of their wedding. From her dress to the taste of the cake. Which is why she was surprised by her lack of the interest in planning her and Tyler's wedding. She bought the first dress that looked fine on her, and she couldn't have her dream cake because Tyler is allergic to walnuts.