Chapter 17

When he was a kid, Stefan hated staying home alone. Damon would usually be out for the whole day, leaving him with cold, ordered pizza from the place Stefan hated because they had a thin crust, and with few extra bucks for emergency, that Damon would usually spend the next day on God knows what. All of his friends were going on a small, two day vacations with their parents, so he was left alone in that big house. In the beginning, it was fun, having the whole house to himself. He was able to do whatever he wanted to, without asking anyone for the permission to do so. But after some time the house didn't seem so big anymore, and after a year, it became a lonely jail for a playful boy like him. Then Rebekah came into his life. Rebekah's mother was always going somewhere, hurrying, leaving Rebekah alone with her nanny, who was hanging on the phone from the moment she came through the door. In the beginning, Rebekah was sneaking out through the window, but when she realized the nanny doesn't care, she started using the front door to get out of the house. Every morning she would walk down the street in the dress her mother would prepare for her, and Stefan would meet her halfway. And in the evening, before her mother would come back home, she would walk up the street in the same dress, but this time more crumbled and dirtier than it was in the morning. But as he was growing up, he realized there are advantages of staying home alone over the weekends. He was able to bring girls home, throw parties, and many other things kids his age were not able to do.

When Stefan woke up this morning, he could feel Elena's body pressing next to his. He was holding his arms around her waist, like he was afraid she will squirm out of the bed if he doesn't keep her close to him. The back of her head was pressed next to his chest, and her body was bending in a way it could fill the gaps of his body. They were like a puzzle, where the one ends, the other one begins. Her body next to his was the most natural thing to him, like she was supposed to be there all along. She was not a foreign object, his body treated hers like she's a part of him.

He rubbed his eyes with his free hand and opened them widely. He studied sunbeams that were falling on Elena's skin, perfectly emphasizing her tan. Her chestnut brown hair was falling all over her back, pressing next to her sweaty neck, and tickling the soft skin of his chest. The white sheet they were covered with was reaching her hips, showing a little of her black, lacy panties, leaving the rest to his imagination. He had put his finger under the strap of her matching bra and slipped it down her shoulder. He lowered his lips and planted one small, gentle kiss on the place where her strap was. Her soft skin was a perfect match to his soft lips, like two different kinds of silk pressing next to each other. He could feel her body jerk a little next to his, before she released one silent moan followed by a giggle. She stretched her body out next to his, and he jumped a little on the bed, as the soft flesh of her body pressed next to his sensitive parts, making him burn from the inside.

She opened her eyes and turned around, smiling to him.

"Good morning" - she said silently, touching his cheek with the tip of her finger.

He had put his hand on her back, a little above her ass, and pulled her closer to him, joining their lips, and giving her a long peck on the lips.

"Morning love" - he said while their lips were still pressed next to each other.

He could feel a smile forming on her face as she was pressing her lips next to his, giving him a small and short kiss, the ones only she knew how to give. Those kisses were her specialty, and they tasted sweeter than anything else in this world.

"I love it when you call me that" - she lowered her head and rested it next to his chest. She could feel the beating of his heart, it was slow and steady, and it took her a while to realize their hearts are beating to the same rhythm.

"Love?" - he asked, pulling his fingers through her hair.

He could feel her nodding next to his chest.