0.3

»»»

The only thing motivating Cassandra to even get up that monday morning, was the fact that there were just these three weeks of the semester left.
Before leaving the house, she decided on sliding her new book into her backpack as well. She had a free period after art history, which she could spend continuing browsing in it a bit. Something she hadn't really had much time to do during the weekend.

The day had gone by pretty fast. Probably because towards the end of semesters their professors concentrated more on revision for the upcoming tests and exams, so there was nothing new.
Art history, her favourite subject, had unfortunately ended already as well and she reached her free period.
"I'm heading to the cafeteria. You coming?" Soyeon asked her with an arched brow. Soyeon was one of the persons she usually hung out with. And since she was the only one who she was close to in that class, they usually sat next to each other. Which was nice, since Soyeon could easily choose to sit with anyone there as she was way more social than Cassandra was.
So she appreciated Soyeon for not leaving her alone.

Cassandra contemplated the black-haired girl's proposal. After all she did like having company, she wasn't completely anti-social. However, a group of people from the back seats called for her friend then. Asking her the same question she had asked Cassandra a few seconds ago. Cassandra internally groaned. Not really being keen on also hanging out with them.
"Nah, thanks. I wanna read that book I bought on Saturday." Soyeon waved the others, before facing her with a questioning look. "Are you sure you're not hungry?"
Cassandra shook her head. "I brought a sandwich with me." As if she would spend any money at the overpriced cafeteria there.
"Alright. See you later then!" And with that she left with the others. Leaving Cassandra alone. Sighing, she made her way out of the auditorium and down the long hallway.

Cassandra didn't really have lots of friends. She had people to hang out with during lunch or to sit next to in classes and do partner and group work with. She went along with pretty much everyone.

After a short walk she reached the quite filled library, taking a seat in the back section. Among the books about digital art and post-modern artists.
Not even five minutes had passed by when she felt someone sitting down on the chair in front of her. "Hey."
She didn't even need to look up, already knowing who it was by the voice. Unsure of whether to ignore him or not. After all, he might be insanely mad about what had happened the last time they had seen each other. And she was a little afraid of that reaction to be honest.

"Ehm, I said hey," the voice repeated in an insecure tone. Carefully, she put the book down. Pretending she hadn't noticed him. "Oh, hey. What's up?" she nonchalantly said with a smile.
"Is that Sailor Moon?" he asked then with a curious look, pointing on the doodle on her notebook. "Mhm, yeah. Well, almost. It's Sailor Neptune."
He chuckled. That was the first time she noticed his smile. "Quite common, isn't it? Liking this anime."
She playfully scoffed, her eyes falling on his white t-shirt and the cartoon character on the left corner. "And isn't it quite cliché for a guy to like Bart Simpson? I mean, I like him, too. But isn't it still cliché?"
He looked down to where she was glancing at, putting his eyes back to her then. His lips forming a straight line as he pursed them and she knew she had won the round again.
"You got me there." They laughed. "But look, instead of being such a smartass, you should be thankful that I haven't told anyone about what a violent personality you got." 

Her eyes widened, unsure whether he was actually threatening her or joking. His expression was serious, but there was a gleam of humour in his eyes. Noticing her anxious expression, he quickly waved his hands. "I'm joking, I'm joking."
She let out a shaky breath, cracking a smile. "Now you got me. I was scared you were mad at me."
"Well, I was," he said, trailing off then, "But I'm not anymore. Besides, it didn't really hurt that much. I was more shocked than anything."
"I'm still sorry about it though."
He nodded. "You know, if you're genuinely sorry, you could lend me the book at least. Kinda the least you could do after hurting me and stealing it from me." She laughed out at his cheeky smirk. "Fine, I will after I'm done reading it myself."
"How about now?
"Dude, no. Stop it. What the hell is it about the book?"
He pursed his lips. "Sorry, can't tell you."

She closed the book, carefully putting it down. "Now, hold up. First you tried stealing it from me and now you're kinda demanding me to lend it to you? And that right now? Even though we barely know each other? And you actually expect me to just do so?"
"Yeah, kinda," he nodded at her listing of events with a pleading grin. "Please?"
In that moment her phone rang. She grabbed it out from her backpack, seeing it was Soyeon. "Sorry, gotta answer that. Really important," she lied and stood up, putting the book inside her bag and sliding its strap over her shoulder. "See ya." He was seemingly about to protest, but she just walked out as quickly as she could, accepting the call.
"Hey, I know you said you weren't hungry b-"
"Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you."
"Uh.. you're welcome?"

»»»

As soon as Cassandra went through her entrance door, she kicked it shut and took off her shoes. Her feet starting hurting from all the walking.
She went to her room then, quickly changing back to her pyjamas. But instead of staying there, she left the room and walked to the little staircase that headed to her attic.

Her attic was the smallest place in the house, but it was also her favourite one. Her mum always warned her to wear a cardigan up there as it could become cold, even in summer, but she usually never listened.

Its walls were painted deep purple and the only thing there was her telescope and a bed in which she would sometimes sleep in summer. A string of fairy lights hung up on the wall above it.

The best part of the attic though was that one side of the roof was made of glass instead of wood. Hence why she had her telescope placed there. And that was also why she chose to sleep there in summer. She could fall asleep literally counting stars.

As she laid on top of the bed, she decided to take out the book again. Really, what did it have that was so appealing to Taehyung? She examined it carefully, every page of it. Nothing.
However, as she closed it again, her fingers senses the cover being a bit thicker in a spot. Curious as she was, she carefully removed the silver binding.
And she found it.

»»»