1.7

»»»

"Are you kidnapping me again?" Cassandra asked with a mischievious smile. Taehyung laughing out at her silly remark. "I didn't kidnap you last time either," he pouted while driving off the parking lot.
"You kinda did though.."
"I was just.. detouring to your house."
"Excuses!"
"You did like the lake though, didn't you?"
She pursed her lips, sinking into her seat. "Yeah, I did."
He grinned. "See."
"And where are you bringing me this time?"
"Sorry, can't tell."
"I really hate when you say this."
"I.. figured out. But still, can't do it. It's more exciting this way, isn't it?"
Her gaze wandered around at the scenery outside. "I guess.."

They grew silent then. Only a soft melody playing from the stereo. Too soft for her again. It was frustrating. They were so similar in art and films but music wise it seemed more like the opposite was the case. At least he seemed liking boring ballads way too much. Contemplating whether she should or should not say anything, she sighed and peeked at him.
Truth was, she couldn't really figure him out. She was usually good in seeing through people, however, when it came to him she failed. Three days had passed since the pool incident. Since he had said he liked her. And she had somehow felt bad for not having said it back to him yet. She would have done it after him, if he hadn't dragged her into the water. However, there was another thing concerning her. The fact he hadn't mentioned anything  yet. He acted like always, like his normal self. Well, his normal self from when they had first officially met at the book shop. Maybe he was just nervous to say something, after all she hadn't been any better. She wasn't sure what to do about it. Perhaps he pretended like nothing had happened on purpose, because he regretted it.
"Do you maybe have any other songs to play?"
Taehyung raised a brow at the girl, directing his glance back to the road. "Sure, just take my phone and choose something."
He didn't seem offended or mad, which made her heave a sigh in relief. She picked up his phone from the dashboard, which was connected to the stereo. She still remembered his code, so she could go straight to his music library. Slightly smirking while browsing through it. There were some artists and tracks she did know and liked after all. And that comforted her for some reason.

Her eyes then fell onto a playlist titled 'mine', which rose her curiosity as all titles there were by 'unknown'. "What are all those tracks under 'mine'?"
"Well, 'mine' means they belong to me, so.."
"Yeah, I get it. It's your playlist but I m-" She cut herself off, her eyes widening as her brain finally processed what he meant. Seeing an amused expression on his features. "Wait, you mean they're actually yours?"
Taehyung dramatically sighed then, shaking his head. "I told you I make my own songs for classes."
She chose to ignore his sarcastic tone and instead went through the song titles. "Can we listen to one of yours then?"
"Uh, sure. If you want to. I just don't know if you'll like them."
"I'm sure I will," she ensured him then, "But even if I don't, it'd only be fair. After all, you've also seen many of my works."
"Fine, you got me there. Then choose one."
Grinning happily about her small victory, she went back and chose a song called 'Rainy Season' and laid back in her seat. A melody starting playing, filling the car.

Cassandra propped her chin on her fist and listened to it closely while observing the passing cars and trees. She listened to the instruments, acoustic guitar and violin, and a humming she believed was his. And his deep voice harmonising in a way that was really soothing.
She peeked at him then. He was chewing on his bottom lip, like he was anxious about something. His hand went through his long waves then, which were blocking his view a bit.
"Sad that it's not raining right now, even though you said it would," she mumbled then, before a smile tucked itself on her lips. "It would've fit." Taehyung just hummed. "But I like it. I like your song."
"You do?"
She nodded, her smile growing wider when seeing his shy one. Besides, the lyric structure reminded her of the little note she had found in the book.
"I genuinely do. I usually don't like ballads that much, but yours wasn't like the usual ones. Yours wasn't.. boring. It had a nice melody and rhythm. And.."
"And?" He arched a brow at her in anticipation. After all it would be a lie if he pretended not caring for her opinion. Because he did. He had hoped for her to like his songs.
"And I like your voice. I mean, your singing voice.. Not that I wouldn't like your normal voice, too. I just me-"
"Cassandra?" he cute her off with a chuckle. Seeing her struggling with her words. He couldn't help but feel content with her complimenting him. "I get it. And thank you."