final

»»»

Taehyung woke up at the crack of dawn. Or at least that was what he guessed taking into account the sky was a deep shade of blue.
He slowly blinked, trying to adjust his sight to the faint lighting. Recognising the curve of Cassandra's bare shoulder after a while. Her coppery curls cascading down her skin, creating a contrast to it. He realised he was almost completely covering her with his arm. Using her as some kind of replacement for the pillow he would usually hug in his sleep. However, she didn't seem to mind it. Peacefully sleeping with one hand under her own pillow, while the other one was lightly stretched out on it. As it was in search for something.
He noticed this was pretty much the same position he had remembered falling asleep to. Her facing the wall and him facing her back, with his arm around her torso.

As time passed by and the sky turned from a deep blue to a dark light blue, he could recognise more and more details. Like the freckles on her arms, looking like little stars on her skin. Creating small constellations. He could swear being able to spot Orion's Belt on her forearm.
And Taehyung couldn't help but smile in his sleepy state. He didn't have to sleep hanging his arm out of the bed anymore, waiting for her to appear. She would be there now.

An aching sadness washing over him then. How was he supposed to let her leave in a few hours? 

Not being able to trace her freckles or hold her in his arms like this for the next eight weeks. It didn't sound like much and Taehyung usually wasn't the clingy kind of guy. However, they only could spend one weekend together, before she had to already leave again.
Maybe he could do that some other time in the future, while she was asleep next to him. Because there was definitly going to be another time in which she would be laying next to him like this. Many more, in fact. He would make sure of it.
His eyes fell on the girl, then wandered up to the glass on top of them. The sun was evidently about to peek behind the horizon. He could tell by the stars fading away and the colours of the sky running out. 

A yawn escaped his lips then and his eyes closed. About to fall back asleep, when suddenly feeling Cassandra's body moving beneath his arm. He frowned looking down, seeing her turning around. Her nose almost touching his. Much to his surprise, she slightly heaved her head and upper body then, practically rolling over him. With eyes still closed, her arm reached out, searching for something on the bedstand.
Next moment a dim, yellowish light illuminated the darkness. Both flinching slightly.
"Cassandra, what are you doing?" Taehyung groaned, squeezing her torso while rubbing his eyes with his free hand.
The phone slipped from her fingers and she collapsed back onto his chest. "Checking the time," she whispered dozily, "Sorry for waking you up. Go back to sleep."
"I wasn't sleeping," he whispered back, "Why are you awake though? You set the alarm for eight o'clock, didn't you?"
The girl just hummed, snuggling up in his arms. "I always wake up multiple times.. before something important.. out of fear.. of oversleeping.." she mumbled against his chest. Why couldn't she have slept through? It was annoying. She would be like a zombie at the airport once again. "We won't oversleep," Taehyung said then, feeling his eyes growing heavy.

Hearing a quiet breathing, her eyes fluttered open again. Looking at the boy next to her. She was still not used to not waking up to an empty bed. Feeling his hands resting on her lower back. He was holding onto her like a koala. Taken aback by herself for being able sleeping with his arms wrapped around her like this. Perhaps she had already got used to the warmth of his body during these past three nights.
She laughed under her breath at this thought, pushing away some of the tousled waves from his forehead. His lips were slightly agape, his warm breath on her neck. Making his sleepy self only look more adorable. And she realised that she actually happened to be the girl she had once wished she was.
She watched his brows furrow then. His hand sliding over her arm, grabbing her hand. He streched himself then, yawning loudly. "What time is it anyway?" he mumbled then. Eyes only half-open.
"We still have an hour."
He smirked. "Let's go back to sleep then."
Cassandra rested her chin on his chest, pouting. "I don't think I could. I'd get too anxious, starting overthinking. Fearing I oversleep or forget something."
"I see.." He nodded, closing his eyes again.
"I'm gonna miss your sleepy face," she smiled then, poking his soft cheek. Making him also crack a small smile. "I'm gonna miss yours, too." "I wished you could come with me," she sighed then, before giggling. "My grandma would cook all kinds of foods for you. She likes feeding us all."
"Sounds like mine," he smiled, "Maybe next time. And then you'll also come with me, visiting my place."
She nodded. Frowning then. "Wait, I thought you and the guys would always go on a trip together during holidays."
He rubbed his eyes, yawning again. "After we visit our families, yes."
"I wished you could just all come with me then," she sighed then, "We have mountains, islands, beaches and cities for sightseeing. We got everything.. And I could treat them to the meal I promised. I know really great restaurants there, directly by the sea."
"You know.. they still haven't forgotten about that," he grinned. "They never do when it's about food."
Cassandra laughed out, resting her head on his shoulder. "Tell them I haven't forgotten either. And I will do so as soon as I come back." They grew quiet then, not saying anything. Just laying there in each other's arms.

Taehyung liked being in silence like this, as long as it was with her. Sensing her fingers sliding down his arm then, until getting to the palm of his hand. And the feeling of her hand gently holding his was one of the reasons why being in silence with her was sometimes even better than speaking. There were only very few people he could enjoy the silence with, and she was one of them.
"Where would you want to go?" she asked then with a tired voice. "Mountains or sea?"
"I don't mind, Cassandra." He shrugged, tightening his arms around her. Weariness slowly overtaking their sleep-deprived bodies then. "As long as I can be around you, I'll go wherever you take me."

»»»

"Terminal A, Gates 1-12. This is where I need to go," Cassandra said, pointing at the sign. Taehyung stopped beside her, humming. Watching her slide down one of the straps of her backpack and starting rummaging in it. The sunglasses on top of her head almost falling down. Him catching them right on time and pushing them back on her hair.
"Ticket.. passport.." she mumbled, pulling out the objects from inside. Sliding both straps back onto her shoulder. She exhaled deeply then, starting walking towards the terminal entrance. "Alright, I'm going now. By-"
Startled, the boy quickly reached out and grabbed her arm. Pulling her back. "No proper goodbye? Just an 'I'm going, bye'? That's it?" he chuckled, arching a brow at her. The girl sighed, looking embarrassed at the ground. "I.. I prefer quick, unsentimental goodbyes. So I don't start thinking about how much I'll miss the other person and tear up," she admitted.
He looked at her for a moment, breathing out. He could somehow understand her. Not being the best in goodbyes either. However, he still wanted to do it the proper way, considering for the next two months they would only see each other through videochats.
Looking around, he noticed there weren't many people around. It was monday morning after all. There weren't many flights or passangers. His eyes then falling on a big pillar next to some empty benches. "Come," he said and took her hand in his. Lightly tugging at it, so she would follow him.

"What are we doing here?" she giggled as they went behind the pillar. Watching his lips shape a mischievious grin. "It's a bit more private," he said then and grabbed her cheeks. Looking into the beautiful eyes he would miss, before leaning in. Placing his lips on hers. Making her smile into the kiss.
Taehyung slowly pulled back then, placing another kiss on her cheek. His hands letting go of her face then, wandering down to her back. Cradling her. The smell of her parfume in his nose as he buried his face in her curls. "If there's anything, call me instantly. Okay?"
She nodded against his chest. Hugging him as tightly as her tired arms allowed her to. A suffocating feeling overcoming her. Salty tears beginning welling up in her eyes. Blurring her vision. "This sucks," she choked out, faking a laugh like she always did to distract from a sad situation. "I told you I'd cry like a baby."
Taehyung laughed under his breath. His chest vibrating against her cheek. "You look cute when you cry though." He stepped back. Wiping her tears away with his thumbs. "But it also breaks my heart seeing you like this," he whispered then.
She swallowed. Noticing an equal sadness to hers in his brown irises. "I'm.. I'm gonna m-"
"Me, too." His fingers grabbed her chin then. A stern glance on his almond eyes. "Here's looking at you, kid."

Her brows raised as she bursted out giggling. Recognising the quote immediately. "Did you really just quote Humprey Bogart in 'Casablanca' ? That's so cliché.."
He shrugged. A playful grin spreading on his lips as well. "Why not? I think it fit perfectly. And it distracted you after all, didn't it?"
She pursed her lips, trying to to prevent herself from another fit of laughter. "It did. Thank you," she smiled then. Appreciating his attempt in cheering her up with a quote from one of their favourite films. And she cupped his warm cheek and kissed him. Knowing she would miss his randomness a lot more than she would admit. However, it was alright.

They were like the sun and the moon after all. Sharing the same stars and the same sky, no matter where they were. And the day would soon come when they would meet once again. And when they did, they were going to create the most amazing eclipse anyone had ever seen.

THE END

»»»

I know this chapter kinda sucked. I'm sorry i couldn't come up w anything better, but I still hope you enjoyed it and the rest of the story.
If you did, please leave a like, a nice feedback and share/recommend my story. And again, thank you to everyone who read it!
xx