2.0

»»»

Taehyung didn't know what had made him think going out for a couple drinks was a good idea. The whole Saturday had seemed to start as a piece of crap and it didn't look like getting any better. So even though he wasn't a big drinker, when Yoongi and Seokjin had suggested to buy them a drink to celebrate their graduation -although the official one was in a week- he hadn't said no to them. And it had surely not only been one drink that night.

He usually despised that cliché of drowning your problems in alcohol. However, he was tired. He was tired of having to think of Cassandra over and over again. Of her expression, her face and replaying that previous evening in front of his mind's eye non-stop. One of his biggest regrets in life. And he didn't even know how to fix it or if he could even fix it. He had spent the whole afternoon trying to figure out how to apologise. However, maybe it was too late for that anyway.

The others were alright. Jimin and Hoseok were a little bit tipsy, but nothing dramatic. And the rest had controlled themselves pretty well. Opposite to Taehyung. He had reached the point of spilling drinks and by now he was drunk. Because the drinks wouldn't help. She was still stuck in his mind.
He wasn't blackout drunk. But it wasn't just a simply intoxication either. And he was still drunk when they got back home. And he was definitely still drunk when sneaking out while everyone else went to bed.
In his state, he wasn't really sure why he had done it. But if he wasn't drunk he wouldn't have had he courage to walk up to her house past midnight and ring her doorbell.
It didn't take long for Cassandra to open. Staring at him bewilderedly. He looked drained. His hair a tousled mess. And what seemed to be tears were staining his cheeks. He still looked unbelievable. And she hated it.
He just stood there, his bloodshot eyes piercing her. It was obvious to her that he had drunk. He couldn't properly stay still. However, she couldn't close the door and leave him like that. So she waited instead for him to say something.

"I've missed you so much," he suddenly spoke up then. Wrapping his long arms around her shoulders. She didn't move, but she knew she had guessed right. She could smell the liquor in his breath.
"Tae, you're drunk."
"Yeah, I'm drunk," he mumbled, burrying his face into her hair. "I'm drunk and sorry."
"Why would you get drunk?" Her voice holding a bit of worry. And he noticed, even in his slightly dazed state. And it made him smile. Because she still seemed to care for him.
"'Cause I couldn't get you out of my mind.." He paused, holding her tighter. "And to apologise. But I wouldn't do it sober. I'm a coward."
Cassandra closed her eyes, sighing. She felt like not being able to breath. No, she wouldn't become soft. No matter how warm his embrace was. "I need to get you home. Wait here."
She somehow managed to pull away and lead him to the couch in the living room. Then she went upstairs to grab some things and returned with a bag in her hand. Only to find him laying on the couch, eyes shut. His long waves falling on them. He looked peaceful and innocent.
She inhaled deeply and crouched. Lightly touching his face. Removing the streaks of hair from his eyes. Under different circumstances she might have spent more time observing his cute sleeping face.
"C'mon, Tae," she whispered, "We're going home."
He blinked a few times, eventually getting up. He grabbed her hand then. Causing her to tense up. She looked down at their intertwines fingers, then up to him.
"I don't wanna get lost," he slurred, snickering. It was anything but funny to her though. She had to catch a plane in the morning and here she was, taking care of a jerk.

They left her house. A light breeze blowing through the empty streets. Trees rustling above them. Thankfully she remembered the way to his house. If it wasn't for the height difference, it would have looked like she was going for a walk with her little brother or even son.
Taehyung kept swaying their hands, holding hers tightly. He also kept giggling like a toddler and tripped at least twice. He was happy. Whether it was because of his clouded mind, because she was there, holding his hand or both.
"Where are your keys?" she asked when they eventually reached his door. The boy only smirked though and shrugged. Moving his hands upwards.
"I don't know. Somewhere in a pocket probably," he said, giving her an innocent grin. "Not sure if I even have any."
"Tae, you're in no situation to joke around, may I remind you."
His whole expression changed. Even his eyes looked sad. It made her heart sink. Then she thought about all the things he had put her through and it sunk even more. Because she still loved him and it still hurt.
"I'm sorr-" he began, but cut himself off in surprise, when she started checking his pockets. Cassandra wouldn't dare looking at him. It was beyond embarrassing, but she didn't have much of a choice. She proceeded in checking the pockets in the back of his pants. Flinching when feeling him wrapping his arms around her once again.
"Stay like this," he whispered. "Just for a second, please."
And she did. He was drunk, he wouldn't remember how lame she was. Practically melting at things like this even after he had broken her heart. Twice. At least she hoped he wouldn't remember. She decided to pull away though, just in case, and let go. But he grabbed her hand again.
"What's this?" he asked, pointing at the bag she was holding. "Nothing," she said, when suddenly the lights on the veranda switched on. A confused Namjoon opening the front door. "I heard voices. What are you doing here outside?"
"He showed up at my house and I'm bringing him back," she explained awkwardly. They had been caught after all.
The older boy shook his head and let them enter. "Geez.. I'm sorry. We all drank a little too much tonight. Guess none of us noticed him leaving," he explained, rubbing his throbbing temple. He helped Cassandra leading Taehyung to his room. Carefully, not to wake up anyone else. She tried avoiding tripping as she had already enough with Taehyung doing so. Even on air.
"I'll get him some painkillers," Namjoon said then and left. Leaving her alone with Taehyung, who was still holding her hand. And Yeontan who was sleeping in a corner of his room. Seemingly having a deep slumber as he didn't wake up from their voices.