0.8

»»»

"Guess I have to go now." Taehyung looked up from his phone display, then up to the dark sky spread above their heads. It had somehow already passed midnight.
"Oh, right," Cassandra said, straightening herself.

They had spent hours browsing through this book and also her other astronomy books. Her explaining him everything, from a star's creation out of a gas cloud to low-mass stars like the sun and high-mass stars, which end up as supernovae. Or black holes.
It had been fascinating to Taehyung observing her while she had been talking about something she was clearly passionate about. Moving her hands along with each word coming from her rosy lips. He wondered if it was the same when she would talk about art or films. Something inside him deciding he would try finding that out another time.

After that, they had been just sitting there for a few more minutes. Maybe more. The stars visible on the dark firmament after the sun and any other light had disappeared. Sure, it still wasn't as clear or had as many stars as somewhere in the countryside, but for the city it was a pretty good view.

With a small sigh, he stood up. Picking up the book, he was about to shove it back to his bag, when for some reason he decided against it.
"I'll leave the book here tonight and we'll continue again on another day. Alright?"
Cassandra nodded quickly and they left the attic, her walking him to the entrance door. He opened it, about to leave when he stopped in his tracks. Glancing over his shoulder, he gave her a small smile. "Cassandra?" His voice soft. She looked up, her eyes meeting his. "It was nice from you to show me all this. Especially your attic." He paused, thinking about his next words. "It was perfect. Thank you." 

And he left. Something inside her cracking when seeing him disappear behind that door.
She didn't want him to leave. Shaking her head at this thought, Cassandra went back to the attic. Tripping over the book that had started it all. She picked it up and took it down to her room. Placing it on her desk, next to Taehyung's scribbled paper. Then she sat down on the edge of her bed, her eyes wandering at the scenary outside of the window. Catching a glimpse of the moon behind some trees. And out of the blue, she found herself thinking about Taehyung again.

She thought of the mesmerised look on his face, when he had contemplated what had been above him. She also thought of how the brown of his eyes merged with the orange and pink of the sky. How he had dived into the darkness of the universe just by looking at it.
She thought of his tall frame facing the huge window and she thought of how impressed she was by the fact that he had still looked innocent, yet intimidating against it. How it seemed as if he had been challenging the firmament. And she also thought about the feeling when he was sitting right next to her at the attic.

And as she drifted to sleep, she thought that maybe she was thinking too much and should just let go.

»»»

It was a quite cold Monday morning. At least considering it being summer. However, a summer storm was announcing itself with heavy grey clouds hanging from the sky.

For Cassandra the timing couldn't be worse. She always walked to school after all. Her house wasn't too far away, only twenty minutes. But still, far enough to get soaked.
Sure she could take the bus, but she rarely took it and didn't even have enough money with her to pay for it. So she just hoped it wouldn't be raining later on her way home.

Finally arriving at her locker, she first checked if Taehyung was anywhere around it. She really couldn't get scared again. But slightly disappointed she had to realise, that he wasn't hiding anywhere.
"Whatever," she mumbled to herself while getting her books out. Suddenly feeling a presence next to her. She turned around, meeting Jimin's smile as he was leaning against the locker next to hers.
"Uhm hey," she greeted him, unsure of what he wanted. Wasn't his department at the other side of campus?
"Hey." He folded his arms in front of his chest. "So, you and Taehyungie. What work did you have to do on Friday?"
She froze for a second. Usually she was a good liar. She came up with perfect excuses for anything in seconds. But what was she supposed to tell his friend? Obviously not about his astronomy interest. What other logical excuse was there, though?
"T-the notes, remember?" she quickly said then, remembering Taehyung's words from that lunch break. "He had lent me some notes. And he wanted them back."
The boy knitted his brows, his expression telling her that he wasn't quite buying it.
"Hey, guys!"
Right in that moment, Taehyung came to the rescue. At least it felt so for her. She saw him approaching with his usual laid-back expression. His hair hidden under a black beanie.