1.4

»»»

"Uh, Cassandra? You.. you got there something." Jimin tugged on the collar of his t-shirt. His laughing causing Cassandra's brows to raise. She looked down only to spot a stain of sauce on her t-shirt. She sighed, also letting out a small chuckle. "Not again.."
"Again? Does that happen a lot?"
"Almost everytime I eat, to be honest," she awkwardly admitted.
"Sounds worse than Rapmon," Jungkook commented before shoving another portion of food in his mouth. Hearing his nickname, Namjoon who was sitting opposite of them, perked up. Almost dropping his food. "Hey!" he laughed at the younger one, "I'm not that clumsy anymore."
"Right, that's why I said she sounds worse than you," Jungkook grinned cheekily.
"I'm sure I'm worse than Namjoon," she said. Amused by their bickering, she got up from her seat. "I'm gonna quickly wash it out. You got dish detergent, don't you?"
"Under the kitchen sink," Hoseok told her, "Are you sure it works though?"
She nodded and quickly made her way to the kitchen.

After a bit of searching she eventually found the dish soap, putting a few drops on the sauce stain and wetted it. Rubbing it rather aggressively as that was the only way to get it out. And indeed, after a minute most of it got removed. Only a faint pinkish spot remaining, which would easily get off in the washing machine. Content with having saved yet another clothing piece, she washed the soap off. Now the hem of her t-shirt being soaked, but the weather was warm. It would surely dry off quickly.
She put everything back and was about to return to the others, when her eyes caught something outside. It was Taehyung's little dog. It was chasing a bird in the garden. She laughed while observing it. Seeing the pet getting dangerously close to the small pool they had in the backyard. And before she could even blinked, it actually jumped into the water. Beginning to swim. Now that wasn't that bad, as dogs could swim. However, the little dog seemed to struggle getting out of the water again.
"Oh shoot!" Cassandra rushed out quickly. Reaching out to the pet and somehow managed to pick it carefully up. Water dropping down from its fur. "You cutie, you should be more careful." Yeontan barked. And she couldn't help but think that maybe he was saying 'thank you'. However, as soon as she put him down, he started shaking himself. Getting rid of the remaining water in his fur by splashing it all over her legs. The girl groaned then, when loud chuckles echoed from behind her. "Are you okay?"

She glanced over her shoulder, seeing Taehyung standing at the glass door. Having caught the scene, he bit down his lips. Trying his hardest not to burst out laughing.
"Haha, funny. I just tried to save your dog," she pouted jokingly.
Having calmed himself by now, he raised a brow at her. "Save from what?"
"He couldn't get out of the water."
"Ah yes.. his legs are too short. But he eventually makes it every time."
"What if he doesn't make it one day?" Cassandra sounded genuinely worried, which surprised Taehyung in some way. And for a moment, he just looked at her. The pool lights switched on due to the late hour. Giving her an aura which made her look like belonging to a whole different planet.

It would have been a lie if she said his stare wasn't a little intimidating her. After all, she couldn't tell what he was thinking about. She watched him slowly walking up to her then. Like he had once done in her attic. And she was just standing there, observing his every move.
"Why did you leave the others?" Her voice wasn't above a whisper. He simply shrugged, not averting his eyes from hers. "They sent me to get some Coke."
She pursed her lips then, slight panic rising inside her as she didn't know how to exactly act now that he was this close to her again. "Y-yoongi wanted something from you earlier, when I went to get my book.. I don't know what though." -Smooth way of changing topics.
Taehyung thought for a moment, his glance wandering around before finding its way back to her. "Ah, I asked him for help. For a song. It was probably something regarding that."
She blinked, startled. "Song? You write songs?"
A small smile formed on his lips, almost a smirk. Like he was about to laugh at her, but didn't. "I'm also majoring in music. Remember?"
Why couldn't she stop embarrassing herself that day? It had become a series of embarrassments at this point and she had enough. "Yeah, yeah right. I do remember," she laughed out awkwardly. Realising that those notes she had found must have been indeed song lyrics then. "So, you're currently working on a song for a class.. What is it about?"
"Can't tell you," his smiled turning to a small grin now. Making her playfully scoff.
"You can never tell me anything."
"I'm a mysterious boy."
"No, you're just an idiot."
"Ouch. I deserve it though."
"You do. I mean.." She sighed, looking away. Contemplating whether or not broaching it. And he saw her hesitation. Along with some kind of sadness radiating from her eyes. "Why are you acting so strangely? First you're annoying as hell about the book, then you are nice and funny and I can even talk with you about astronomy. And you even show me that lake-"
"Cassandra-"
"No, I'm not done!" Her voice raised a little out of frustration. "And then suddenly you act like an idiot! Ignoring me and acting unapproachable. It's okay if you don't like me. I have enough friends, I don't necessarily need more. And you're definitely not the first guy who turned out to be a jerk. I'm almost used to that. I just feel so dumb, you know? Because for a moment I thought you'd be different-"

That actually stroke a nerve. Taehyung knew he had messed up. He just hadn't realised how much he had till now. And seeing her so hurt and vulnerable, and all that because of him, broke his heart in a way. He didn't want it. None of it. He didn't want to hurt her. "Cassandra, let me-" "And then the little scene at the attic?" He tried to interrupt her, but she continued her ranting. Cutting him off. "What was that supposed to be? You keep sending me mixed signs and I think.. I think I deserve a damn explanation of what exactly your problem is with me."
She eventually paused, inhaling deeply. A mix of confusion and anger sparkling in her eyes now.
"It's not what you think." He ran his fingers through his brown waves. His voice also raised now by his own frustration. "It's just really difficult for me. I.. I'm not good with this kind of things."
"What kind of things though? If I did something wrong, just tell me instead of acting so childish."
"Just let me try to explain!"
"Okay then, explain it to me. 'Cause not knowing just.. drives me insane." Her voice was suddenly paper thin, breaking in the end. Taehyung noticed, making him look at her confused. She was standing there, firmly. Her gaze steady. Her eyes still looking at him angrily, but there were tears forming in them now. His features softening.
"And you drive me insane."
She huffed. "What? What's that supposed to mean? How am I driv-"
"Because I like you, Cassandra! I like you! And it's driving me insane! That's why!" he bursted out. However, before either one could even properly react to what had just happened, voices were suddenly heard from inside. Both of them looking at each other in panic. And without thinking much -ar rather, at all- Taehyung grabbed her hand and jumped into the water. Dragging Cassandra to a dark corner with him. There were no lights and no one would see them in that spot from the kitchen.
"What the-" He quickly sushed her though, putting a finger on her lips. Her eyes widened, watching him focusing intensely at the noises from inside. Someone was heard opening the fridge then, taking something out and leaving again a few seconds later. Switching off the kitchen lights.

Realising the non-existent danger was over, they both heaved a sigh of relief. Taehyung's gaze falling back on Cassandra then.
He had her in the corner, staring at him with big, wondering eyes. Heavy drops rolling over her flushed cheeks. Strands of hair stuck on her forehead. It reminded him of the day he had taken her out for a ride. And the longer he kept looking at her with none of them moving, the more he felt like losing his breath. His mind going blank. He swallowed.
"You know what? Fuck it."
And with that he grabbed her face and kissed her. 

Feeling a million little meteorites fly over his skin.

»»»