0.6

»»»

That night, Cassandra didn't sleep well at all. All her thoughts were circulating around creating a plan to sneak that little note back to the others. She was over-thinking things again, but she tended doing so. It was nothing knew.
After rolling around in her sheets for an hour, she gave up. With a sigh she tossed them away and sat up. Her mind going back to the note and the words written on it. So she picked it up and looked at it again.

Those words, the way they were written.. they reminded her of a song. Not a song that she knew or that had already been written. Rather of how a song would be. Maybe it was for some task or project he had to do for his music classes.
She tried thinking of a melody that could fit them. But nothing really came as she simply didn't have any talent for that field. So instead she concentrated on the words.

"it rains over our bodies
it rains over our souls
running under these skies
with the night on our soles"

-What could be following that?

She copied the lyrics on another paper and went back to trying falling asleep.

»»»

Cassandra arrived at the college building that Friday morning, stress increasing the closer she got to it.
She walked to her locker, carefully glancing at every corridor before turning into it. Just in case Taehyung had finally found out her little secret and was mad. After all, two days had passed since she hadgiven him the book. She was sure he had noticed by now that one of his notes was missing. So everything had to be done carefully and quickly. She picked her design studies, art history and photography books and stuffed everything into her backpack, closing the door then. Only to almost get a heart attack again.

"Dammit, Taehyung!"
He laughed seeing her almost jumping up in surprise. "Did I scare you?"
"Kinda."
His laugh turned into a pout, making his plum lips only stuck out more. "Sorry."
She noted that he didn't seem mad, so maybe he hadn't checked the plastic bag yet. She internally sighed in relief, when an idea popped up in her head. "It's alright, but say.. I was wondering if you'd like coming over to my house today," she shrugged, acting as relaxed as she could so he wouldn't notice anything.
However, Taehyung's expression turned into a puzzled one. Her propose clearly taking him aback, as he didn't know what to think of it. Realising that, Cassandra's eyes widened. Her now processing how weird that must be to ask an almost stranger.
"What for though?" he asked then. His tone of voice low and almost monotonous. There it was again, this straight almost serious look he could have sometimes.
"Not what you think," she giggled then, rolling her eyes. Causing him to also crack a small smile. "Why? What am I thinking?"
She frowned at him for a moment, leaning against her locker. "You said you could need some astronomy help," she said then, ignoring his question, "And I'm free today. That's why I ask."
"Oh, I see."

He then proceeded to stare at her with a knowing smile. Making her wait for an answer. She didn't feel uncomfortable though, even though he looked pretty creepy.
"Taehyung, what do you say?" she inquired, waving her hand in front of his face then, as she became inpatient. Attempting to change that expression of his.
"I say we'll see," he eventually spoke up then, "See you later." And with that he turned around and left.

"Well, that was weird."

»»»

"Lautrec's 'Kiss' or Klimt's 'Kiss'?"
"Hmm.. I'd say Lautrec's. There's more intimacy in that one."
"Okay, but Monet's waterlilies or Cezanne's mountains?"
"Easy, Monet. Next."
"Oh, oh," Soyeon barged in then, "Dalí or Mucha?"
 Both, Cassandra and Alexa frowned at her.
"That's not how the game goes, though. You have to compare actual works or elements of their works."
Soyeon rolled her eyes. "You're lame," she mumbled then, going back to pocking her food with a plastic fork. "Besides, your game is lame, too."
"You're offending me," Alexa said then with an over-dramatic gesture of putting her hand to her chest.
Cassandra snorted then while unwrapping her burrito. "What game did you expect from us? We're art majors after all."
"So cliché," the Korean among them retorted with a grin. "But anyway, can you go bring me a soda? I forgot getting something to drink."
"You're so lazy."
"You're lazier."
"I don't send my friends to get me stuff though," Cassandra objected.
"Please."
She laughed at her persistence. "No."
"Pretty please?" Soyeon dragged the last word this time. Fluttering her eye-lashes. "I'll give you money to buy something as well." The curly-haired girl groaned loudly, almost falling into whining, but eventually gave in. "Fine. But only because I forgot bringing some chocolate with me and my brain needs it to function."
Her friend's lips turned into a big grin as she got her purse out of her bag.
"Get me one with lemon taste."
"Yeah, yeah. Anything else? You Alexa?"
Alexa shook her head, amused by their little quarrel. Her short hair moving along with each move.
"Alright, I'll be back." And with that Cassandra dragged and squeezed herself through the other students. It was quite windy that day, so there were more people than usual inside the cafeteria.

 After what felt like hours of waiting in line, she finally got the soda and her chocolate. Having to make her way back through the crowd when a familiar voice made her stop in her tracks.
"Hey, it's you! Cassandra!"
She looked to the direction the voice came from, seeing Jimin waving at her to come over. To be honest, she didn't exactly know what he wanted from her. But curious as she was, she went to check.
"Hey," she shyly greeted him back then. He was sitting with a couple of guys she didn't know, besides knowing they were Taehyung's friends. Probably from the music department. And she could become quite shy around unknown people.
"I heard you gave Taehyung the book after all," he laughed, leaning back in his chair.
"He was being quite annoying about it, so.. he didn't really give me much of a choice."
She was being serious, but apparently her statement was funny as she saw Jimin and the other two guys chuckle.
"Yeah, he can be annoying when he wants something badly."
"And do you guys maybe know why he wanted it so badly?"
They looked at each, then shook their head. "I don't even know what book you guys are talking about," one of the other guys admitted then. Interesting, so it seemed that not even his friends knew about those notes. Except if they were lying for some reason.
"Me neither," another one with a pink sweater added, before motioning with his chin behind them. "But speaking of the devil.. there he comes." Before Cassandra could even turn around, she saw Taehyung standing beside her. 

To be honest, Taehyung had already seen her from afar. Her coppery, long curls sticking out from the crowd. Besides, her wearing a t-shirt that was visibly too big for her, wasn't very unobtrusive either. Now from close up he noticed that it was actually a band tee. He also noted that, even though it had only been two hours since they had seen each other, she already had messy hair. Funny. 

"I see you know Jimin, Jin and Yoongi," he stated, but it sounded more like a question. She shrugged only, not knowing what to say.
"Yo, Taehyung-ah," the pink sweater guy called him then. She wasn't sure if he was Yoongi or Jin. "Jungkook said to meet downtown later. He wanted to show us something."
"Ahh, can't make it. We have some work to do." He turned his head to the girl next to him, raising a brow at her. "Right, Cassandra?"

The girl's eyes grew wide, him catching her off-guard with this sudden question. Her also feeling the other guys' stares on her. It made her slightly tremble inside.
"Oh, okay. What work?" Jimin asked then curiously, eyeing them with an amused look.
"S-she has some notes to return to me." Cassandra sucked in some air, feeling her heart starting to race as Taehyung continued. "She's been struggling with photography class and I lent them to her. But I need them back. Today."
There was not a single evidence of him lying. Neither in his voice nor in his eyes.

Had he found out after all?

»»»