1.0

»»»

That morning, Cassandra did her best to prevent herself from looking for Taehyung.
The other day had been amazing. He had somehow opened up to her and had been really comfortable to be around.

However, on the way back home, his behaviour had completely changed.

She tried not to overthink things again, but it still worried her somehow. Had she done something wrong?
Knowing there was something going on and she was obviously missing it, made her feel uneasy.

She got her books out of the locker and closed it. Suddenly, a feeling of emptiness washed over her. Deep inside she wanted to find him behind the metal door, even if he was only there to scare her.

After philosophy and graphics class, she sat down in her usual seat in photography class. René, one of the people she would often share a desk or hang out with at lunch, sitting next to her this time. People tended to call them twins as they had both red hair. Though they didn't look alike at all. Besides that he was way taller than her with blue eyes, his hair was rather ginger while hers was coppery.
He started talking to her about the upcoming exams and she silently thanked him, as he distracted her from Taehyung. Looking over her shoulder, she found him where he always sat. With a light frown on his face. Staring at her so intensely, that it felt like his eyes were piercing through her. For a moment, instead of reminding her of the sunset, they reminded her of ice.
She didn't have much time to look at him though, as he soon averted his eyes from her again. Getting distracted by Jimin, who was sitting next to him and was asking him about something she wasn't able to hear.

"I was wondering if you were free this afternoon. Me and Alexa really need some help with design theory. The final has been changed to a week earlier, but we still don't think we'll make it."

Her eyes widened, Cassandra only now processing what René had been saying to her this whole time. Realising she had completely forgotten about the exams. "Sure, sure. We'll meet this afternoon." She didn't have anything else to do anyway. "Wait. Aren't finals next week?"
Her friend shook his head, laughing. "No, Cass. We still have classes for two more weeks. What planet are you living on?"

"I.. I really don't know," she sighed. But she did know. She was stuck somewhere between Mars, Jupiter and a brown-eyed boy.

»»»

It was already their second lunch break. Cassandra was sipping on her peach flavoured ice tea as her friends were talking. She didn't pay much attention though. She was mad. Yes, mad at Taehyung. And she couldn't stop thinking about it. She wasn't really good in covering her emotions and she feared if she spoke up, everyone would notice her current mood. So she preferred staying silent. Which unfortunately, gave her away as well.

"Yo, Cass. Are you sad or something?" Soyeon asked, waving a hand in front of her. Making her lightly jump up, interrupting her train of thoughts.
"Huh? No, no I'm not."
"Oh right," Alexa said then, picking up her phone, "René told me you're gonna help us?"
The curly-haired girl nodded. "Yeah, though I still don't get why you want me to help you guys today. We still have three weeks to go."
Alexa rolled her eyes, folding her arms. "Not everyone can just study the day before an exam and score an A like you."
Cassandra pursed her lips. It was true, she never needed to study much. But only because she already understood everything in class.

"Oh, you guys need help? What topic?" Soyeon asked, when someone suddenly called out Cassandra's name. The girls turned to the direction of the voice, seeing Jimin waving at her with a grin. And right beside him none other than Taehyung. His lips in a straight line, his gaze directed to the ground. His brown waves, falling gently over his eyes. Cassandra quickly redirecting her gaze to the one who had called her. 
"Hey, Jimin. What's up?"
"Ask him where Yoongi is," Soyeon whispered from the side. Cassandra nudging her with her elbow, before facing the two guys again.
"Not much. Did you catch when the photography exam will be? We were kinda.. distracted when the prof said it."
"22nd June."
"Ahh okay, thanks," he nodded then, "Are you gonna study for it?"
She shrugged. "Yeah, but not much. I also have to help Alexa here and René study for another subject today. Are you?"
"Hm, maybe after I'm done practicing my choreography for the practical exam."
So he was also in the dance department. "Good luck then," she smiled. Receiving a smile from him as well. "Thanks!" And he left, continuing walking to the tables further in the back. Not having noticed that Taehyung had already left without him. Cassandra had noticed him leaving though. With a frown on his eyes yet again. Not to where his friends were sitting though, but towards the stairs. She quickly pushed her chair back, staying up.
"I'll go to the toilet real quick," she lied and rushed to the stairs as well. This strange behaviour of his really started getting on her nerves. Was it because of her? She almost felt like crying.

After squeezing herself through the crows of students, she caught a glimpse of him as he was going outside. She followed him. Feeling the still cool air gently hitting her face when finally reaching him and grabbing the hem of his hoodie. Taehyung abruptly stopped and turned around as he felt her tugging at his clothes and saw her there. Staring at him with her big brown bambi eyes. And for a moment, he thought of staying.

"Is it just me or are you acting stranger than usual?" she asked in an attempt of joking. He just looked away though and escaped her grasp. If he didn't see her face it would be easier to just leave. And so he did. Leaving her standing there alone. In complete confusion.

"What is your problem?" she yelled. Her voice cracking at the end. But he was already too far to hear her. 

»»»

After getting home, Cassandra sat down on the bed in the attic. She saw Taehyung's scribble next to the book they shared. Or at least they had used to.

She unfolded it and checked the lyrics again. She read them over and over again, when suddenly some kind of inspiration hit her.
She had never been outstandingly good with words, always having preferred expressing herself through paintings rather than letters. Hence why it surprised her that all of a sudden she came up with an idea on how the lyrics might continue.

Picking up her own piece of paper she had previously copied them on. Pausing for a moment.

"it rains over our bodies
it rains over our souls
running under these skies
with the night on our soles"

She thought of how she felt about Taehyung.

"and i know, that i'm stuck"

Exactly. Stuck. She was stuck in how he looked at her. She was also stuck in how he touched her. And she was stuck in the way he talked, the way he laughed. She was pretty much stuck in the thought of him.

She had used to think of him as someone normal, ordinary. Like a planet. But he wasn't. He was like a star. Like the sun. And she was the planet, revolving around him like an idiot.

Their little adventures came into her mind then and she focused on remembering the small details. And what could have been if he hadn't turned out being another jerk.

"with your hand on my hand
and your lips on my lips
we could be lost together
not wanting to be found
and i know, that i'm stuck"

She instantly dropped the pen then, shaking her head. What the fuck was she even doing? This was stupid. She was done with him after all.
Looking at the paper again, it reminded her of Taehyung's words.
"I'll always believe every word you say."

-Hell no. She didn't want anyone to believe or even read these lines. Especially not Taehyung.

The door bell dragged her out of her thoughts then. René and Alexa.
She quickly folded the paper and pushed it to a corner before picking up the other one, putting it inside the small, black plastic bag in the book. Leaving it there in the attic, before rushing downstairs.

René was standing there, leaning against the door, like Taehyung once did before. Stop, dammit. Alexa appeared beside him then.
"Oh, so you are actually home. Thought you'd ditched us by taking so long."

»»»
for anyone who didn't get the "stuck between mars, jupiter " part. as previously mentioned she was named after an asteroid and that asteroid is located in the main asteroid belt, which is between mars and jupiter's orbits.