1.2

»»»

Cassandra was walking back home. Well, she was rather crawling back. She hadn't feel like moving, talking or doing anything at all for days. Partly because she had been knocked off thanks to her period, partly because she had finally sat down and finished that stupid term paper, but also because avoiding Taehyung in college had suddenly become quite difficult. Which didn't make sense, since besides photography, they didn't have any class together. Both being in whole different departments.
She had to even convince Minnie and the others to eat lunch outside. Thankfully, the weather remembered it was actually summer, going back to being warm and sunny. So it hadn't been so hard to convince them after all. But still, just the mere fact she even had to do something as childish as that because of an idiot, was bothering her. She didn't like that. She rarely developed crushes. And usually, she would get over them pretty quickly again. So she decided to just sit this out and wait for that crush to disappear as well. It couldn't be that hard. After all, there were less than two weeks of classes left and she wouldn't see him anymore for the rest of summer.

A black cat crossed the street then, distracting Cassandra from her thoughts. Amused she stopped in her tracks, watching the small animal tiptoe into a side street.

Cassandra liked cats. She liked them a lot. In fact, they were her spirit animal and she especially liked black ones. So since her house was only a couple of minutes away, she decided to see if she could manage petting it. After all, she had always wanted one as a pet, but her mum never allowed it. So whenever she saw one, she petted it. 

However, as she followed it into the sidestreet, she couldn't spot it anywhere anymore. It had disappeared, probably having hid in the bushes or gone back home. The street wasn't very long, so after reaching its end, she turned around and walked it back up. Slightly disappointed in the fact she had lost the cat, she hadn't noticed someone from one of the houses whistling loudly.
"Hey, you!"

Her head perked up and she looked around. Seeing a guy on a front porch waving his hand at her. He was leaning over the railing. One of his arms laying on it, while he was observing the street. Two other guys she wasn't sure if she had seen before, sitting there as well. One was on an armchair, looking on his phone. The other one sitting on the wooden railing. Legs dangling in the air.
Cassandra did recognise the guy who was waving at her, though. How could she forget such a handsome face. It was Taehyung's friend, Seokjin. So that was where they lived, she thought to herself. It was indeed close to her own house. 
"Why are you walking up and down the street?" he shouted, laughing at her. "Have you lost anything?"
"I was looking for a black cat. Did you see it?"
He furrowed his brows, facing the guy who was sitting on the railing next to him. "Did you see a cat?"
The guy thought for a moment, before shaking his head. "Nah, but I think one of our neighbours owns one. Maybe it was that one."
They saw her sighing, her head hanging low for a moment before straightened herself again. She gave them a smile then. "I see. Thanks anyway."
She was about to leave, when Seokjin spoke up again. "Wait, don't leave. You're Taehyungie's friend, right?"

To say Cassandra was surprised by that, would be an understatement. "We're not really friends." She let out an awkward chuckle scratching her arm. "I don't think he even likes me.."
Seokjin and the other guys frowned at each other. "I'm sure that's not the case." She was about to ask what he meant, when remembering something else. It had been four days, maybe more, since she had lent Taehyung the book again. Even though he had promised her to return it sooner.
"Did you see a silver book lying around the house maybe?"
She saw them shaking their heads, when the one on the armchair finally put down his phone. His brows raised. "I saw one. It's in Taehyung's room."
"Ah wait, right!" the guy on the railing exclaimed then, "I saw it, too, when I woke him up this morning. It's on his desk." He faced Cassandra. "Is it yours?"
She nodded vigorously. "Yes, he borrowed it from me but guess, he forgot to return it."
"Well, he isn't here right now," Seokjin said then, "But you can come and get it if it's yours."
The girl contemplated for a moment. She wasn't feeling too comfortable just entering his home, even his room, without him knowing or being there. She felt it was like another invasion of privacy and she had already done that once. On the other side, she wanted her damn book back. She didn't see why she should let him keep it for any longer. Especially when he was such an idiot to her. And besides, she wasn't sneaking or breaking in. His friends, who lived there as well, allowed her to get it.
So she walked up the small path leading to the front porch and Seokjin let her enter. "Taehyung's room is upstairs, the one in the far right." She quickly thanked him and made her way inside.