1.6

»»»

"Cassandra, I hate you. I really do." Soyeon's voice was whiny. The look in her eyes serious. "You were at Yoongi's house? And you heard one of his songs? And he even smiled at your compliment? How dare you.." The curly-haired girl pursed her lips. Silently listening to her friend's rant, while taking out her books from the locker. "I can't believe you're doing this to me, ugh.."
"I already apologised about ten times these past days," Cassandra mumbled, "So can we go back to what I'm supposed to do with Tae?"
"Oh buh-huh. Your crush likes you. How terrible." The sarcasm clearly audible in Soyeon's tone. Folding her arms in front of her chest, she pouted then. "I don't pity you one bit. I rather pity myself as my crush is graduating and I won't ever see him again."
Now Cassandra felt bad. It hadn't been her intention to get any pity. She rather needed some advice. "We still have this week of classes left. You could ask him out," she shrugged then, closing the metallic locker. The Korean glancing at her with clear annoyance. "That's.. not that easy."
"Since when?" Cassandra asked surprised, arching a brow at her. "Where's the leo venus fire in you? I've seen you flirt with every guy you ever found somewhat attractive. Why is it s-"
"Because it's Yoongi," she groaned, "He isn't like those random guys at parties. He's.. different."
"Seriously, just ask him out. Otherwise I'll ask him for you."
Soyeon rolled her eyes, before heaving a sigh. "Fine, I'll think about it."
"You'll think about what?"

Taehyung's voice out of nowhere made both girls tense up. "N-nothing, I gotta go." Soyeon said quickly, dragging the last word. Hurriedly walking off, as she couldn't risk her crush's friend to find out anything.
"That.. was strange," he said watching her disappearing. Redirecting his glance to his actual target. "Anyway, hey."
"Hey. What are you doing in the art department again?" she giddled, leaning against the wall.  She hadn't seen him in days and frankly, she had missed seeing his face. They had only sent a few texts to each other occasionally. Both being too busy finishing some last projects before their deadline.
The boy gave her a shrug then, a lopsided smirk on his lips. "Thought I'd pay you a visit. Did you miss me?"
Biting down on her lips, a playful expression spread over her face. "Maybe I did."
To be honest, Taehyung hadn't expected such an honest response to his joke question. He was taken aback,  to say the least. "Well, maybe I missed you, too, and that's why I'm here now."
Cassandra was internally screaming at this point, but somehow she managed to keep her cool in front of him. Changing subjects before melting completely under his warm smile. "I got your clothes here, by the way." She patted her backpack. "You can have them back."
He thought for a moment, looking outside then back to her. She was only wearing a sleeveless top. "Keep the shirt. I heard it's gonna rain today."
Her lips parted, about to protest but instead she simply nodded. She liked his knit shirt after all.
"And did you finish that music theory term paper you were talking about?"
He nodded proudly. "Ah yes, finished it during the weekend." Folding his arms in front of his broad chest, he looked away then. It was ridiculous, but he was nervous. Truth was, he didn't only visited her locker because of how much he had missed her cute face. He was also there because of something else. He exhaled deeply then, gathering his courage. "Do you have any plans after class?" He really didn't get himself sometimes. It was a simple question and usually he didn't have any issue. And after all, they had already spent time together. However, this time it was different. She wasn't just a random girl who happened to have something he wanted.
Cassandra bit down her lips when seeing his look of anticipation. "I do," she sighed then, watching his smile drop. She wished she didn't.
"Oh.. and what?"
"I have to finish one last drawing for my architectural studies class. The final project is due on wednesday."
He contemplated again for a few seconds, the smile eventually returning to his lips. "Can I keep you company then?"
She hadn't expected it, nevertheless she nodded vigorously. The corners of her lips tucking into an excited smile. After all, she always liked having company. Well, not always, but she wanted it now. Especially his.
"My last class ends at 4 o'clock. Meet me at the art rooms in the basement."