it all started...

" we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "
- oscar wilde

 " - oscar wilde

_

the bau and cpd (chicago police department), were on a case involving the kidnapping and murders of five women, currently getting closer and closer to catching the unsub.

"garcia, are there any men within a five mile radius of the last crime scene who fit the profile?" spencer reid asked, him along with mary anne, theodore, and rossi were in the police department's conference room.

with a board full of the victims, and how they were murdered, where, and pictures of each of the crime scenes.

"yes, of course boy wonder..." garcia responded, clicking away on her computer. "ah ha. there's the man himself, kenny gray, he lives.. wow like not even five minutes away from it. his biological mother put him up for adoption when he was five. ever since then he's been in and out of foster care since he was tiny. at one of his foster homes.. yikes..."

"..he was brutally abused, and the system didn't do much until kenny ran away. to which he was tossed back and forth between houses again. his biological mother though, looks really similar to the victims. she lives.. about two blocks away. i'm sending you both of the addresses to your guys phone."

"thanks garcia." reid says as he hung up.

hotch clears his throat, "reid, you and officers rogers and matthews will go to his mothers house. rossi, derek, blake and i will go to his house."

they all nodded walking out.

"i'll drive." mary anne says as she got into the suv, spencer going over to the passenger side.

"seriously? again?" theo groaned as crawled into the back seat.

"yes, again. you drive like an old man." she sighed as she speeds her way to the house.

spencer just sat in the passenger not speaking a word, and he didn't know why but something about office rogers he found intriguing. the way she was gentle and kind when it was needed, he also noticed even with the job she has, she always cracks a joke and a smile. an optimist. but also could flip the switch and when it came to interrogating, she would become intimidating.

"oh me? let's talk about you-" theo began but she cuts him off.

she groans, "save it."

arriving at the house, she notices a red toyota in the drive way that he had stolen from one of his victims.

she picks up her walky talky, "calling for back up, kenny gray is here. we're down on 23rd and ashland."