long awaited duo.

" my heart talks about nothing but you. "
albert camus

 "— albert camus

___

there stood mary anne, speechless. not knowing how to respond. i mean, can you blame her?

"i uh.." she chuckles a bit nervously, "if i'm being honest spence, i am too. it's scary, but why try running away from all of that..?"

but before that question could be answered, hotch calls out that they have a case.

spencer and mary anne glance back at one another, "hey spence.. we'll talk about this later, okay?"

time skip ˚.

the case was finally over, everyone was equally drained from it all.

saying their goodbyes from the bau, they all went home. and as promised, mary anne goes over to spencers to go talk to him.

she had changed into some pajamas, and there she was knocking on his door.

to say that mary anne was nervous as to where this conversation would go, would be an understatement.

but spencer swung the door open to see her, he was equally as nervous.

he gives a tight lip smiled as he stepped aside for her to come in, "hey mary anne.."

she gave a warm smile before walking in, "hey.."

normally, it was never awkward between them, the tension between the two was something so unfamiliar.

they both sat on his couch, mary anne sighs.

"spence.. i like you a lot, more than you know, and of course, you know a lot. but, the way i feel about you is.. so much more than i can explain.." she was beginning to rant, but before she could finish, spencer did it. he kissed her. (IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ONE, TURN IT UPPP😼)

it caught mary anne off guard, her eyes widened when his lips crashed on hers. but her shoulders eased, her eyes fluttering closed and their lips moved in sync.

the way it felt was something the two couldn't describe, even if they wanted to. but one thing that could not be argued was it felt right.

as if it was meant to be that way, for the two to be together.

after a few minutes, they pull away, breathless.